Help!!!!!!!!!!

Badfish1

Solid State Member
Someone please help me. I downloaded a new software on my pc and it says to run it i need 256 colors. I only have 16 colors on my computer. No more. Thats it. Is there anything i can do to get more colors on my computer? Someone please help.

well, if you have a decent enough video card you can rightclick on the desktop, properties, setting, and set the colour quality to 32 bit. if there is no option for this, it could be that you need video card drivers.. or simply a better card. but pretty much anything you get nowadays should go to 32 bit

Now could I take a video card out of anothere computer and put it in? and were would i replace it?

I dont know what loaf is talking about but anyways. There is no need to put a new video card in.

Right click the application and click on properties. Select the tab called compatability and choose run with 256 colors. Its as simple as that.

it is in the programs folder. it will be called something like doom3.exe or winamp.exe .EXE just find the programs folder and look for the .exe file.

"yourprogram.exe"

just search for it if you dont know.

is 32bit colour not 256 colours? if windows is going at 256 colours, the app will too.

yeah, but sometimes really old programs dont like to run. Such as I remeber a game that liked to run in 2 color mode.

Microsoft probably should have made this process automatic but they were too lazy and didnt.

The program i have is dreamweaver mx. and i need 256. and i found the dreamweaver.exe thing and did the propites thing and it did not have anything about colors. Please help. I need it to be explaned easy. if i can't find it should i switch video cards?

try doing what i mentioned in my first post about setting the colour quality to 32bit.

Back
Top Bottom