What do these BIOS codes mean

scutter

Baseband Member
CODE CAUSE & ACTION
0271 DATE & TIME ERROR Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer. Set the date & time,using the IBM BIOS setup utility.

0251 SYSTEM CMOS
CHECK SUM BAD THE SYSTEM CMOS MAY HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY AN APPLICATION PROGRAM. RUN THE BIOS SETUP UTILITY TO RECONFIGURE THE SETTINGS. IF THE SAME ERROR CODE APPEARS, HAVE THE COMPUTER SERVICED.

I have replaced the lithium CR2032 battery. The only problem is that the original one was a fixed unit (soldered to the battery) and the replacement was just the battery.
Do you think somewhere like Maplins would sell the whole unit?

IBM Thinkpad T21
PIII
800MHz
10 GB
256 RAM

Many Thanks for any replies

{:mad:>

1st of all i must remind people , when u post please tell us what OS your using and some computer specs...

Then we can give you some direction.Lol

Hullo!
Well, I thought I had typed it all up !

WIN XP PRO

All sorted now, I took it to a repair shop and got them to sort out the battery ! {:mad:>

scutter said:
Hullo!
Well, I thought I had typed it all up !

WIN XP PRO

All sorted now, I took it to a repair shop and got them to sort out the battery ! {:mad:>
So you messed up by "changeing the Battery"?
I have replaced the lithium CR2032 battery. The only problem is that the original one was a fixed unit (soldered to the battery) and the replacement was just the battery.
Is this the message you want to send ?
Don't do this !
:eek:

on most modern motherboard the bettery is no longer soldered to the mainboard it's in a nice plastic holder,
The batteries should last for a good ten years or so, and even then don't seem to be too essential my bettery is flat and has been flat for a year but I just don't bother getting round to changing it.

root said:
on most modern motherboard the bettery is no longer soldered to the mainboard it's in a nice plastic holder,
The batteries should last for a good ten years or so, and even then don't seem to be too essential my bettery is flat and has been flat for a year but I just don't bother getting round to changing it.
Are you sure,what time is it on the taskbar and your cookoo clock ?
:rolleyes:
Haveing the wrong time can cause many Inet problems.
In 15 years i never gave batteries a thought,just my system clock.
Tick Tock Tick Tock.
It is now 11:36 P>M> EDT.
:cool:
Be carefull you don't get P>M>S
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom