Help Needed Please!

Bren

Solid State Member
Someone Please Help...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, sorry if it isn't, but here it goes:

I have a shared computer, and i have this problem where the home page keeps changing to 'about: blank.' I own Windows 2000, so i click tools, internet options, then change my home page. That does NOTHING. Whenever i try to access the internet, the same 'about: blank' page keeps appearing. This is extremely annoying, so i thought i might have spyware and/or adware. So i download AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy, NOTHING. The worst part of all is that i can't even check my e-mail. Whenever i attempt to check my e-mail, the 'about: blank' page appears, AGAIN. The same goes when i log into AIM, the AIM Today page turns into 'about: blank.' This really bugs me, so i registered here for some advice/help from you guys! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated...

-Bren

Did you update your Adaware before you scanned? Did you do a custom scan that scans EVERYTHING!?

Doesn't sound like your connected to the internet? Oh shared internet connection. Well theres some things you need to do to make sure this works. Make sure TCP/IP protocol is installed on both computers and set to "obtain IP address automatically", also you can use "internet connection wizard" and set up a connection via LAN.

If you have a firewall this could also be a problem, try turning it off for the time you are initially setting it up, I've found latest versions of Norton Firewall don't work with networks but Mcafee seems to be fine.

If nothing is working you might want to consider a program you can download from here, www.nat32.com

I really appreciate the advice, guys. But i found the answer in here, 'http://www.spychecker.com/program/coolwebshredder.html.' If anyone of you guys have the same problem as me, i highly recommend you go here. I'm SOO happy this problem has been resolved...

Back
Top Bottom