have no idea...

cumlaude

Beta member
when I start my computer,(not always) but most of the time the mouse acts kind of freaky.I just touch it and the pointer moves all over the screen randomly,opening and closing windows.it has started to happen quite often and driving me crazy,any recommendations to get rid of this problem?
thank you all,already.

This just happened to me this week. It kept doing it after a couple of restarts. So I shut down and took the RAM out and let it sit for a few minutes, put it back in and I restarted.

It worked great after that, hopefully it will work with you too.

It can be a dodgy mouse (lead broken inside), or when a computer starts to overheat, the mouse can jump around a bit.

Yeah; just check your RAM, easy enouhg to do and check the mouse cable. I doubt its over heating although you could just feel the heatsink straight after you close it down.

I have changed the mouse,the problem seems to have been solved.I hope it really is.thank you all for helping.

That happens on windows 98 in my school, when the admins have this screen viewer program on for a while, all the pupils mouses screw up, lol.

Back
Top Bottom