cool domains i just got

Yep; brilliant idea. Cools down all your pieces too, and could be coupled with a big fan or something anyway to get it down to less that 25 degrees?

well, the problem i am going to have, is that each case is different. How do you guys think i could get around this?.

what i thouht i might do, is make the outlet a flexible tube that could be put throuch a pci bay.

that is just an idea though

One more bonus.
This would be designed to fit over your processor fan, so the very hot air from the processor would never be able to contaminate the case.

but what about the hot air from the graphics card, (easily my hottest component befroe I put a fan on it) and what about heat from the ram?

I don't think a PCI slot has enough space for a large throughput of air. though a flexible tube is a good idea, I've only ever seen heatpipes molded in plastic that output air thought the small grates above the keyboard/mouse/usb etc cable bits.

perhaps a telescopic design and encourage people to cut a hole in the side of their case, that way you can accomodate different depths.

the fan should low out of the case drawing air from the inside of the case througfh the cooling fans then out of the case.
(this would be easiest to make, but fans are much more efficient at blownig that they are at sucking.)

Without extra cooling the air there is no way that the air can be made colder than the ambiant temperature it's only the movement of air accross the skin and the effects of evaporation etc that makes a breeze seem cool.

yeah, but even an un-cooled steady flow through a case would remove hot air. So, it would be worth doing even without air cooling

yes. well worth doing. cooling is something essential I think I'd be more interested in this fan-channel set up than I would a high powered cooling rig.
simply because of the power drawing aspects of pro-cooled systems.

Got a good point - would cool down the entire system and not just the processor which could still be cooled if need be by a high power cooler.

Back
Top Bottom