WaterCooling

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
Right my baby is now running on water except the GPU cause i need a special block with that . i am missing a fan and a control unit for my pump thou but those are getting sorted .

One thing i have to say to anyone , set the kit up outside your case first unlease you are the god of water cooling cause i got about 2 leaks .
My processor at stock now runs at 37 degree at stock GHZ and in windows . 56 at full load of like a game.
When i get the fan for the radiator it should be a lot less and i can overclock to 3.8-4.0ghz . Anyquestions?????

Cool

I have a question! *waves his hand in the air rampantly* Does the flowing of water make you need the toilet more often?

Nah, reasonable question. How hard was it to put in, scale of 1 to 10, for the less battle hardened of us who may be viewing this thinking about Overclocking and Watercooling?

ME ME ME!

A: How much did it cost
B: Which specific components did you use
C: How much quieter is it (when you get the fans)
D: When you get it all up and running let us know whether it's worth it :D

Right it was around 7 because i leaked at first but human error . I surgest 100% set it up outside your case. It cost £100 in total for just CPU cooling . I am using a water chill pump and cpu block . Black Ice Pro radiator . 120mm Fan . 1/2 " pipes , and i got a bay res resiviour on order. with 1/2" barbs all around. It is around 25 DB at full load. so a normal fan i 35 . My fan should be here today , resisviour who knows.

What an amazing price for such amazing components, may I ask where you got them all? I'm seriously considering this myself :D :D

It is an idea; and surprisingly cheap too. Last time I seriously looked at Watercooling it was double, triple that if not more.

A better idea in my view is the semi conductor which gets hot on one side and cold on the other. These are used in the little car fridges. They are stable last a long time and can get very cold. No water leaks and appropriately sized should keep a meteor cool.

Radio Shack sells these units for various cpu's

It is easily possible to remove these units from the coolers they come in
and detach the heat sink on them afix your own and fasten them down to a cpu. They can get just above freezing. They operate on 12 volts dc-something you get from your power supply off of the yellow and black wires on your large power connector.-right next to each other.

Sounds interesting, you want to give us a more detailed explaination or draw us up some plans? I imagine Lord K would take it upon himself to make it lol

Lol - nah - I'm looking into Vapour Cooling Projects :D Although I have learnt much about the theorums around it today from this Thread.

Back
Top Bottom