I Need Help On My New Comp!!

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
I built a new computer... and I decided that I needed Windows XP home edition cd OS thingy so I went to buy it... its 200 bucks ERAAA, well either way do I hold the "C" letter on the keyboard to load the OS into my new computer?? What should I do? and how should i transfer all my old stuff from my harddrive to my new harddrive?? I have about 40 gigs of stuff I need from my old harddrive before I sell it... cds.. no WELL MAYBE networking them on the router but any suggestions to anything easier? please post.. and THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP!

You can install the OS by simply putting the Windows CD in and booting from it.

As for that - maybe once the OS is up and running you could put the old Hard Drive on Secondary Hard Drive and transfer the files like that.

is it possible to install the os on a different comp and then put that harddrive into my new comp?? with JUST the OS?

Put your new hard drive into your old computer. Make sure it's set as a slave using the jumpers.

Transfer files from old hard drive to new hard drive, then shut down, take it out and install windows on it (in the new computer).

Make sense? :D

Back
Top Bottom