lsass !!!

Balasa_Daniel

Solid State Member
I am seek and tired of this problem !

I am part of an private LAN who has around 400 members!
After instalation of Windows and during using LAN it cames up one window with this LSASS error and shut down the computer in 1 minute !!!

Does enybody know what is about ???
It`s has something to do with a firewall, antiviral software ... !?!

I tried with 2000 and XP and the rsult is the same !!!

Thank you !

It could be that someone on your network has the SASSER worm, this wortm exploits avunerability in the LSASS.EXE (which has to do wit the logon process).

to stop the computer shutting down when it says shutting down.
press start -> run -> (then type) shutdown -a

if you look at the lasts that are running you may also find variants of the sasser worm.
they will have names ruinning around the same theme.
lsas.exe
lsasss.exe
etc...
there is an update available from microsoft that can fix this vunerability, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-011.mspx.
it's be a good idea to install a firewall, although if this is a LAN then you shouldn't really need internal firewalls. (unless they are departmental).
If internal firewalls are not viable you could also try removing external internet connections floppy drives and CD drives to stop the introduction and spread of virus infection.

Balasa_Daniel said:
I am seek and tired of this problem !

I am part of an private LAN who has around 400 members!
After instalation of Windows and during using LAN it cames up one window with this LSASS error and shut down the computer in 1 minute !!!

Does enybody know what is about ???
It`s has something to do with a firewall, antiviral software ... !?!

I tried with 2000 and XP and the rsult is the same !!!

Thank you !

I have a standalone computer that I put Windows XP Home on (clean install) that has never even been connected to the Internet or any other computers (so no Sasser) and this also happens to me anytime I have several programs open at once. I usually just do the shutdown -a trick and keep on working. It is aggravating though.

I fixed with security patches from Microsoft

Download all security patches from Microsoft !
Update your OS and you will not have this problem again!
I dont know witch of those security patches is THE ONE but it is recomanded (i think) to install them all !

Back
Top Bottom