surround sound question

Danny248

Solid State Member
im getting ready to buy a surround sound system for my computer, but i also want to be able to use it with my tv. a friend recomended that i buy the radeon all in wonder card, would this work? any other suggestions?

Nope. The ATI all in wonder will only work for your tv viewing purposes. you would have to get a Creative Soundblaster card for you surround sound needs. Better be willing to open up the check book though.

Have you ever been to the Creative website? They say Surround sound right on the Audigy LS information.

Most newer motherboards have Surround Sound on the motherboard itself. I have a Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition and that has build in Surround Sound.

My Sound Blaster Audigy LS also has Surround Sound. It has three plug-ins. Two for speakers (one for two front speakers and one for two rear speakers, no front audio or bass output) and the final one is a SPDIF digital. There is also a RCA for digital as well. Those are the ones you need to get the full surround sound. You will need a receiver to decode the digital signal or a digital decoder.

I recommend the sound balster audigy and the create speaks - they have phone outs so you can connect them to your amp and some big speakers and subs!

Back
Top Bottom