laptop keeps restarting

lastplace

Solid State Member
i have a sony vaio pcg-fx140 and everytime i use it, it suddenly gives me a blank screen or restarts. have any ideas?

well i already reinstalled windows a long time ago and it still does it. The computer restarts and/or gives me that blank screen when i am using it.

overheating is not the problem. It restarts and/or gives the blank screen even when the computer is on for a minute.

So you installed windows way back when and you still have this problem?

If so then its probably your hardware. The problem is that it could be anything. Do you know of any good and cheap laptop service stores in your area?

If you could, could you be a little more specific on whats in this laptop, how long you had it, the type of programs you are running when it restarts, If you are running on battery or power cable.

The first thing I would try is just to get online and start updating windows and your drivers.

well it restarts and/or gives me the blank screen no matter what I use as a power source. I have a sony vaio pcg-fx140 and I have had it since it came out.

You may have to go to a professional for this one. Its a strange problem and isnt easilly solved without taking a look at it in physically.

But I'm sure some more members will chime in with suggestions.

When you screen goes blank is you computer still on? Does it still make hard drive/fan noise or is it silent once it goes blank?

From what you describe you would almost think that this is either an overheating issue or a powersupply issue. Since everything works fine until it restarts.

You laptop is a few years old isnt it. I would still think that all the dust over the years has added up and causes it to overheat.

Back
Top Bottom