Which brand makes the best Geforce 6800's?

airiox

Fully Optimized
Well In a week or so I will be getting a 6800 gt. I have been looking at all different kinds of Manufacturers and havent found one that diffinatively sticks out.

I know that there are a few regular posters who have comparable cards and just looking for peoples input. Right now I am leaning toward Gainward.

I would go with XFX; always best to go with the original manufacturers and they are far more powerful than most of the other ones. Good deal more expensive though - don't know what your budget is.

Actually I have found an XFX for only 5 bucks more than the MSRP which is saying something since you cant find a gt model below MSRP besides PNY.

But someone said that XFX is kinda cheap. What do you think.

right now I am leaning toward gigabyte. It may look like crap but it runs well enough.

BFG makes a pretty good looking, and fast card. The cost a bit more, but come overclocked from 400 to 425mhz core speed.

Actually you can find bfg's for $399 US on best buy. Even though it is a good card I have eliminated it. Because, HardOCP has already reviewed it.

So I'm looking for a card that hasn't gotten a whole lot of attention from the press so I can review it on my site. Right now its probably gigabyte, gainward, or XFX.

Those are the only cards I can find for a reasonable price. I would like to get the apollo or albatron cards, but I cant find those anywhere for a reasonable price.

It did? what do you mean straight out of the box?

I wonder how loud the fan is though.

That said I'm not sure if I will overclock it much. Ill have more than enough performance.

nah sorry that is the ultra , got confused with the thread but its only 400 quid . go for BFG is ya getting a GT.

Back
Top Bottom