Custom Avatars Y/N?

David Lindon said:
I think a smaller collection of avatars makes it look like a close community where everyone is known and alot of avatars may loose that image though.
Hmmm... maybe the custom sigs would make it look more like that as then we'd all be more individual? And how many people have more than 100 Posts anyway?

Not that many..

I've thought of us as a close community but not because of our avatars.. I think people should gain that image from our post content not because the little pictures below our user names are all the same, lol.

I'm all for custom avatars, though I think there should be some kind of provisions to warn against abuse of the system.
1, obviously you'd have to host your own avatars, this will save this board getting used as an image host.
2, there would have to be some restrictions as o the file size that it was possible to link to, this should stop people being able to link huge avatar pictures that would mess up the formatting

root said:
I'm all for custom avatars, though I think there should be some kind of provisions to warn against abuse of the system.
1, obviously you'd have to host your own avatars, this will save this board getting used as an image host.
2, there would have to be some restrictions as o the file size that it was possible to link to, this should stop people being able to link huge avatar pictures that would mess up the formatting

Definately a good idea. There isn't much problem getting hosting, www.imageshack.us does it free! Files up to 1MB.

Thoughts David? I recon a few days-week trial is reasonable :D

Back
Top Bottom