blue srceen madness

sypha1

Solid State Member
hello , ive got a blue screen problem error code allways bcp**********
the numbers change ocaisoinally but always BCP . i know that it is a device driver but ive re-built the system with many upgrades infact its a different system than origanal but still get same error code the only thing thats the same is my cd-rom.
the prob only happens when playing games ?
so i installed alcohol 120% and ran my games from an image but after a while it still crashes
since the prob started ive put in new , dvd-rw, 2.4 ghz chip
gigabyte board , psw ( power supply ) tv card , nvidea 5700le graphics
philips sound card, usb pci card
1024 ddr 400 ram
the systems not overheating
the chips mounted correctly
what else can i do ? starting to get a bit sick maybe a hammer will help

If it sounds like corrupted/old drivers or software. How easy would it be to backup your important files on DVD then format and reinstall windows? That would mos def fix it.

**EDIT**

Usually I wouldn't suggest a format straight away but all your hardware seems new etc.

I guess you could try uninstalling drivers and deleting (make sure you delete the correct ones) them from the windows\system32\drivers folder.

thought that might fix it origanally now however about 20 re-formats later still same prob , both dvd rw and cd rw seem to be using old windows drivers ( 2001 ) but cant seem to up date

Oh right.. Possibly a hardware issue then. I'd recommend intentionally getting the blue screen, then copying whats the error is exactly. Microsoft have a ton of support pages to do with blue screen errors. You may want to uninstall and take out a piece of hardware at a time. Make it so you are running off new cd writer, mobo, processor, graphics, hard drive... If that fixes it, add piece by piece until you get the error :D

that was next on my list but it just takes to long anyway of finding exactly which driver causing prob

Thanks! I need to wait for my new RAM, then I should be able to hit higher FSB (I managed to boot with 220 - 2400mhz but my computer reset before I could get a picture, signaling it's a memory problem). Doubt it would have been stable lol.

Yeh I'd try the remove hardware idea. Let me know how it goes.

thanx will give it a try been putting it off,
and yes i will let you know so thanx again

Back
Top Bottom