Browser Window/Page cannot be displayed

yes, but that can also be a handy thing. if you have some problems with someone tracking you via IP addy...now you know how to change it.

You are being redirected by spyware. This is a very common problem. Your infected and most of the time you have to format and start over. Since the explorer can't be uninstalled. The internet connection wizard relies on the dlls tied to the internet explorer. Hence the simple addition of another browser at this point usually won't work.
Format and reinstall-then get spyblaster,spybot and adaware and run them all. Add a good viral scanner and you should be cool-I do this everyday for clients. Then use another browser.

Hello Gary,

Format and reinstall is beyond my capabilities I'm afraid (learning curve novice) I will take up your suggestion of Spybot and Spyblaster. I already have adaware. I also use AVG for anti virus.

Thanks
Joe

Oh my, I was under the impression that you had already gone the spyware route. This happens to be an area of particular familiarity for me. Honestly, I seriously doubt that you need to format and reinstall windows. I have deliberately trashed several windows installations and have yet to have to reinstall.

As for the spyware, this is probably the most common problem facing internet users today. You need to obtain spybot if you cannot access the net with the broken PC, you can and need to get the available updates along with the actual program. At the Kolla page, there are a bunch of downloads. Look at them carefully and get the ones you need. Run it.

Another great tool you want to get is HijackThis. You will want to get this and scan your computer. Take the log that is produced and find one of many sites that have Guru's that can anylize it for you. This will show someone that knows what they are looking at everything needed to figure out nearly every IE related problem. The repairs are manual, but with some basic instruction, pretty easy to do.

Lastly, if you can get this box onto the net, you would want to try out Bazooka spyware blaster. It's very quick and finds some rather obscure bugs. Also manual removal, but it gives you the instructions itself. Rather comprehensive ones at that.

drop me a private message if you need more info

Joe2 said:
First, the bar at the bottom of the browser window which shows 'connecting to website or IP address' and the progress of the window download rate has totally disappeared'.

Second, I keep getting 'Page cannot be displayed - Cannot find server or DNS error -Internet Explorer.

My OS is WINXP Pro, Pentium4. 512mb memory.

I am sorry if this is a very basic question but I'm still on a learning curve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Joe2
That is very basic,Click View and check "Status Bar" It really isn't that important why did you think so ? Are you being too imapatient with page loading ?
It depends on the content.Relax.
;)

Well firstly I would search your list of add and remove programs and remove the ones you never knew were installed or dont need.
Next go into your browser settings and turn off allow installation, this will cut back on some of the stuff.
After that since you say nothing has changed you should invest in a antivirus program. One from Symantec would be the best. It shouldn't cost you much as long as you shop around.

Yeah; Anti-Virus Program would be a good idea - even if its only a trial and you're just using it to clean it out. It does sound like something is in there trying to do something.

Do you know anybody who could do a format and reinstall for you? Cause that would be the best idea.

I'll ask around. I'm sure I will find someone in the future. I am going to use the spyware programs etc to see if that reduces the problem
Joe

Back
Top Bottom