outlook express keeps on promting for password

estee

Solid State Member
my outlook express 6 keeps on asking for my password, i have a pop3 email account set and i am sure that my password is correct, but it seems that password doesnt work, microsoft released this article to help me out:

1 Quit all programs.

2 Click Start, click Run, type regedt32 in the Open box, and then click OK.

3 Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider

4 On the Edit menu, click Permissions.

5 Click the registry key for the user that is currently logged on and ensure that Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.

6 Click the Advanced button, ensure that the user that is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.

7 Click to select the "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects" check box.

8 Click Apply, and then click Yes when you receive a prompt to continue.

9 Click OK, and then click OK again.

10 Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key, click the user subkey folder that is directly below the Protected Storage System Provider key, click Delete on the Edit menu, and then click Yes in the warning message dialog box.

The user subkey folder looks similar to the following example:
S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701

NOTE: For every identity that you have, there may be a subkey under the Protected Storage System Provider key. To resolve this issue in all of your identities, you must delete all of the user subkeys folders under the Protected Storage System Provider key.

11 On the Registry menu, click Exit, and then restart your computer.

i tried this but steps 7-10 dont seem to work, when i try to click to select the "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects" check box and i click apply, the checkbox automatically unchecks itself, i tried this for every account on my computer, i have administrative priviliges, and when i delete the "Protected Storage System Provider" subkey it gets deleted, but when i open up regedt32 again the subkey is there again! can anyone help me out or provide a different solution to my problem?

thanks

a

1.You have an ISP account.
2.They allow you 1 Outlook address.
3.They have to set this up.
4.Call them It can't be solved here,sk the why.
:p

airiox said:
Well as I have recommended to other just use mozilla thunderbird. You will run across less of these problems.

You can download it here. http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ I first tried Outlook but it sucked. This program will cause you less stress.
OK i guess but Rogers puts it another way.
:D
Thank-you for your email. We strive to provide you with the highest
level of customer support, and hope we can be of assistance in
addressing your questions.

:p ;)
Rogers.com is on my side.as you can see,stop floundering around.
But of course my answers are rejected just for spite.My Oh My.
Gramps,70 and counting.and doing. ;)

bluto said:
My Oh My.
Gramps,70 and counting.and doing. ;)

LOL.

Well anyone who does use outlook is just looking to cause themselves uneeded ulcers. It is a beast and can overtake your system at times.

this is a yahoo account on outlook expres

and i downloaded thunderbird yesterday, same problem

yes i am positive this account is active, i use it everyday on yahoo

Quote:Originally Posted by airiox

I agree with airiox , outlook express is now on the hunted list of hackers...(i don't use it anymore)

Back
Top Bottom