Help Needed!

airiox

Fully Optimized
Well the man who gives advise has come for advise. Laugh all you want.

Okay here is my problem:

I was on the net last night and was downloading some anime bittorrents when the stupid thing gave me an error. It locked up my system mostly. Then I restarted. The boot screen finished loading fine. Then a blue screen flashed and it suddenly restarted. It does it every time.

I have tried all boot options, safe mode, etc. They all encountered the same problem. I used the XP pro cd to test see if i could repair it. Well i go in and choose repair but it just sits there. It wont bring me to a place where I can choose the xp partion to repair.

So I took an old hard drive and installed SUSE on it but that other hard drive has all my info I need it. Ive removed the ram and installed different ones but it didn't change anything.

Anyone who has some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

XP pro service pack 1
Xp 3000+
1024 cosair ram
120 gig hitachi hard drive.

Can you boot in safemode with Dos prompt?

There you can run fixboot etc.

Also you could try underclocking your cpu just in case.

just a question why would underclocking my CPU help?

I'll try the command prompt mode but how would i fix it?

Some times the poblem can be Cpu temp's too high, not completely stable (especially O/C). it's just to rule it out.

If you type help at the command prompt, you'll get a list of commands which include chkboot to check your boot partition etc.

well the boot didn't work. I underclocked my cpu 500 mhz but still just a blue screen.

Have you tried putting your hard drive in another computer and copying your data you want to keep onto that one - then reinstalling Windows completely.

Cuase that sounds like a serious Virus - shouldn't be downloading Anime - weird-arse Japanese Cartoon stuff. Not safe to be downloading unusual stuff like that; its always from weirdos. No offense of course - mostly from weirdos.

Man this sucks. Stupid linux cant read ntfs so i cant get my info off this harddrive which is vitally important to me. Also mac cant read ntfs I am going to have to get to my moms laptop using my firewire/usb drive.

Dang hackers I wish they would all just die. How does satisfaction come from causing people days of headaches and misery.

I doubt there is anything that I can do but thanks for your help. I just wish I new what actually happened.

I am hoping I can go in and find the problem and then delete it, but that may take some time. Also I think my XP cd isn't working too great because I tried to install it on the hard drive I have linux on but I was unsucessful.

I really hate this. I really hate windows> and linux is not better. Macintosh has too little software. All os's just plain suck.

If you use one of the peer to peer downloading programs (edonkey), search for boot disk. There you can download a boot cd that will have a many utilities on, including one that can repair the ntfs partition.

There's also a program called ntfs pro that can boot into dos and access the ntfs partition so that you could at least backup your important files.

Back
Top Bottom