monitor color

tmm58991

Baseband Member
my monitor only has two choices for the color 16 and 2 howcan i get it to go to 256 caan anyone help? :confused:

tmm5899 said:
my monitor only has two choices for the color 16 and 2 howcan i get it to go to 256 caan anyone help? :confused:

Sounds like your GFX card hasnt been installed yet. Either use the drivers from the cd you should have got with the card, or if its part of a company built pc (e.g. Dell) pop in their master cd and get the drivers from that or find out your GFX card make, go the the manufacturers site and download the latest drivers

Hope this helps (and yes i know its been said before, i just thought i would be more specific with what the problem could be) :)

tmm5899 said:

Read all the instructions you have to set up this computer.
It's all there.Do you not have a video card cd to install the drivers and detect the monitor ?

The windows update is a good suggestion it detects lots of video cards. When your computer first boots it will tell you what kind of video you have. If you do not have the system disk for your computer you can get the drivers you need by doing a search for the video system displayed at boot.

Check that the motherboard drivers for the AGP port are installed. This can be the Via 4 in 1 drivers or equivalent for your particular M/B.

Until this is done, your Graphics card will not be recognised correctly.

Then install the graphic card drivers, directx, monitor etc.

Back
Top Bottom