REALLY BIG PROBLEM DVD-rom and CD-rw drivers missing

bluto said:
Xp does not need mscdex,that's old Dos history.
When it did the install disk would write something like this to your Autoexec.bat file.
LH/L:136340D C:\cdrom\mscdex.exe/C:mscd001
mscd001 is the name of the driver.
This is history man,start over.If it's warranted take it back.If you bought a package then this post is hard to understand.
I may be wrong to some degree.Go to seach and type mscdex.
If its not in C:\Windows\Command,I will email it for you to put there.
25 bytes.Relax man.
Just remember i have WMe.not XP.
:D
But did you try Control Panel/Install new hardware ?
:confused:

This sounds like quite a dodge problem. I'd reinstall windows if I was you, or try Install new hardware like bluto said, good suggestion.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
This sounds like quite a dodge problem. I'd reinstall windows if I was you, or try Install new hardware like bluto said, good suggestion.
Welcome back Co
One more point,these drives may just not be connected right and no new info has arrived.See my post on this occasional desperate member problem.
:mad:

i've already got it fixed it i tried practically all i could think of so i just paid someone to fix it and it turned out the computer was full of spyware and such and that was completely buggerin around with the cd drives there was a certain file which buggered around with it it was Easy Cd creater which works terribly with Xp and caused the problem so it all works now.

Thanks every1

RAFDOG said:
i've already got it fixed it i tried practically all i could think of so i just paid someone to fix it and it turned out the computer was full of spyware and such and that was completely buggerin around with the cd drives there was a certain file which buggered around with it it was Easy Cd creater which works terribly with Xp and caused the problem so it all works now.

Thanks every1
That greeeeat news,It's important that you use the software that comes with cd-rw's or dvd's.If you didn't get any then check the website for whats compatible.I recommend Nero if it's listed.5.5 version.
:D
By the way Easy Cd creator .???'s
You get the idea ?

If you delete the drivers and then reboot the computer normally windows will say I have found new hardware and reinstall the correct drivers from the win\system folder. You need to learn to use the control panel-go control panel-system-hardware-device manager-cdrom
Right click on the cdrom selection then select install new driver, guide windows to your windows\system folder to find the correct drivers and inf settings.
If your drivers are to old xp especially will not install them. You will then have to locate the correct drivers for xp. Usually found at the manufacturers web site or as was suggested drivers.com

Spyware and adware can cause driver problems, executables not to run,browser redirect, dll deletion amd much more. The concept that they are in "windows" and you must have deleted them by mistake is totally misdirected. Software can delete things just as easily as you can.

RAFDOG said:

Thanks every1
Cool; nice to know its working again.

Gary Graefen said:
If you delete the drivers and then reboot the computer normally windows will say I have found new hardware and reinstall the correct drivers from the win\system folder. You need to learn to use the control panel-go control panel-system-hardware-device manager-cdrom
Right click on the cdrom selection then select install new driver, guide windows to your windows\system folder to find the correct drivers and inf settings.
If your drivers are to old xp especially will not install them. You will then have to locate the correct drivers for xp. Usually found at the manufacturers web site or as was suggested drivers.com

Spyware and adware can cause driver problems, executables not to run,browser redirect, dll deletion amd much more. The concept that they are in "windows" and you must have deleted them by mistake is totally misdirected. Software can delete things just as easily as you can.
Gary is right,and i agree.
I think this can be put another way,Bear with me "re no drivers"
Remove all entries for this devce in Device manager.Probably SYSDM.EXE
Shut down and have a coffee,
Restart your computer and see if "new device is detected" and let windows do it as you have no other way,right ?
;)

Back
Top Bottom