Getting a new computer - Hardware Advice Needed

When tested the 6800 worked on a 350 wt. and 400 wt. power supply fine. I can give you more details if you want.

I refuse to believe that. You show me proof. True nVidia cards will run Doom 3 faster than Ati, and that's a qoute from the game developer himself.

You think that's the same case alienware uses airox? It looks nothing like the alienware cases. Am I missing something?

GeforcebOY said:
6800 GT i would go for its the same price as X800 . The new alienware cases you cant buy are you in the uk ? . Dual ram and someone correct me if i am wrong means that the data rate is higher , so its faster to have dual ram then single.

Yeh if the motherboard supports dual channel it's apparently much quicker (I'll soon find out DUAL CHANNEL KINGSTON DDR 400 W/ HEATSINKS ON THEIR WAY!) because the motherboard can access each module similtaneously or something... :D

The alien case that xcase stock, is exactly like an alienware. He's not talking bout the raidmax ones on there.

Nazgul said:
Hard Drive: 74GB Western Digital 10000rpm (about 80Gb should be fine for me at least at first but i do want a quick hard drive)

If you want pure speed, get two 36Gig Raptors, they are slightly cheaper to buy than the 74Gb version and you can put them in a Raid 0 array, Same capacity and double the speed.

Back
Top Bottom