data disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazyman143 said:
no, I burned it from his too.:p sorry, should have mentioned that. I store a lot of my stuff and do a lot of my work on his computer.;)
You seem like a very educated user than.So please blow this by me again.
This is a Netwok right ? If so make a new post as i only like to deal with a 1 user home system.
:D

crazyman143 said:
no, not a network, two separeate computers. mine has nothing to do with it.:D;)
So then how do you transfer your data to his and why do you really think you have too.Slow down ok.
I think all the data still exists,send me an email to continue,No i Don't block mine as i like to be part of the www.com/community.
:p

I don't transfer any data to and from mine and his comp. it was made there, stored there, burnered there, etc.;) like I said... nothing to do with my computer.

by the way, if you still want to help me with this bluto, I would prefer to do this here, insted of email, simpler for me, plus I check this more often than email;)
of course, if anybody else has anymore ideas aswell, I'm still wondering. thanks a lot:)

crazyman143 said:
by the way, if you still want to help me with this bluto, I would prefer to do this here, insted of email, simpler for me, plus I check this more often than email;)
of course, if anybody else has anymore ideas aswell, I'm still wondering. thanks a lot:)
Ok then,there are 2 possibilities,1 already asked but not answered maybe.
Here you are sitting at this computer,You load Roxio.Roxio says ok tell me what you want to do ?
2.So i presume you selected the type of "data" you want to burn.
Another left out detail.
3.Then Roxio says show me "where it is" so you
"browse to "where it is "
and Check what you want to burn
and then it's listed and the size scale tells you it's not too much,right ?
Then you click next,right.??
So what happens after that as thats where you seem to have went wrong.
:confused:
This is the key,
3.Then Roxio says show me "where it is" so you
"browse to "where it is "
Why isn't it still there ??? where it was ???

you kind of confused me on #3, but yeh, I think that's basically what I did, then when I burned it, I think I selected track at once, finalize session, don't finalize CD.

crazyman143 said:
you kind of confused me on #3, but yeh, I think that's basically what I did, then when I burned it, I think I selected track at once, finalize session, don't finalize CD.
# 3 means it's probably still on your hd.You showed Roxio where it was
So name any file you burned,go to Search and type it in,and search My Computer.
3a.Why cant you read your hard drive ? Are you haveing problems learning this ?
Finalize is not deleteing what you burned.Just that you can't add any more.
:)

well, I am afraid that we might have destroyed the hard drive:eek: ( now we're getting into that long story of why I need it) my dad tried to plug this hdd into another comp. but unfortunatly, forgot to turn off the computer first. So, there was a spark, and now it is doing some wierd things, definatly not loading the data. I am not sure what he did, and I have never installed a harddisk into a different computer, so we are having sombody we know, who knows more about it, check it out to see if it is totalled. I may not be able to get the data back from the hdd, that's why I am trying to find out if I can get it from this disk. maybe this will make things more clear.:cool:

crazyman143 said:
well, I am afraid that we might have destroyed the hard drive:eek: ( now we're getting into that long story of why I need it) my dad tried to plug this hdd into another comp. but unfortunatly, forgot to turn off the computer first. So, there was a spark, and now it is doing some wierd things, definatly not loading the data. I am not sure what he did, and I have never installed a harddisk into a different computer, so we are having sombody we know, who knows more about it, check it out to see if it is totalled. I may not be able to get the data back from the hdd, that's why I am trying to find out if I can get it from this disk. maybe this will make things more clear.:cool:
I'm afraid you and all the others have not spent much time reading instructions.manuals and install directions.
Why did you ever think your computer could be on ?
Do you have a mbd book and other teaching tools.
By the way,just to rule out joke posts.
Your doing pretty well on this one.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom