Safe Mode

my safe mode is format c: then y [enter] then, fdisk /mbr haven't used it for a while

Hell yeah, safe mode is the easyest way to scan for Viruses, clean out spyware, clean up junk files, and most of all to do a fast defrag of the hhd.

And l think that the system restore was a great idea, it works awsome.

Yeah; very good for rolling back silly things you've done. or indeed if you've downloaded software on Trial and the trial is over - uninstall it roll back and it thinks it was never installed! :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah; very good for rolling back silly things you've done. or indeed if you've downloaded software on Trial and the trial is over - uninstall it roll back and it thinks it was never installed! :D
undo trials? that's genious! I have done that before by rolling back the clock, for a little more time, but never thought of System restore;) kind of inconvienient though.

Cx said:
my safe mode is format c: then y [enter] then, fdisk /mbr haven't used it for a while
I presume you mean,System disk mode,then Fdisk,then format C:,then cdrom support yes,then install Windows.We all do that,
This is about haveing not to do that and fixing problems by booting
"without a floppy" in "safe mode"
:D

So bluto, what do you think of safe mode now. when you continuously says its pointless.

I have xp and have yet to have to use safe mode, system restore or do a driver roll back.
Ive had to use safe mode a million times on client computers and it works great like Kelvin said.
The key is to install KNOWN commodities.
Keep a good viral scanner in place.
Use spyware and adware programs which actually function.
Uninstall anything right away which acts flaky or produces error messages.

Back
Top Bottom