Windows 98/ME Dualboot system

Joel~

Daemon Poster
I have just installed these 2 operating systems onto seperate partitions on my hard drive. I followed a guide and it said I should be given a selection of operating systems to load when the PC boots up however I don't, it just loads straight into ME.

Any suggestions?

Denthúl said:
I have just installed these 2 operating systems onto seperate partitions on my hard drive. I followed a guide and it said I should be given a selection of operating systems to load when the PC boots up however I don't, it just loads straight into ME.

Any suggestions?

Ok, so you are unable to access 98 at all?

Maybe the installation screwed up, try deleteing the partition 98 is on, create a new partition using the Fat32 file system, and install 98 onto it, see if it works then
:)

grub is a bootloader.

it can boot pretty much everything

its probably a bit more advanced then what your looking for, but someone complained about me being elitest yesterday ;\, so here!, have my suggestion where i pretend you and i are equal!

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

Yeah, I'm only running Windows because I have to for my GCSE's in ICT. If I didn't have to use microsoft software then I wouldn't but the school won't spend time helping me sort it out so I can run it on my Linux system. I also have software that isn't compatible with Linux or ME and some that isn't Linux or 98 compatible.

Denthúl said:

Any suggestions?
There is no reason on Gods earth to dual 98 and Me.
Me will do everything your 98 did and more.Whats your reason ?
Most users are doing an XP/W98 or Me.
:rolleyes:

Lord Kalthorn said:
Its cause Me is crap; so he needs 98 to do the programs which will be destroyed by Me! :D

BS he doesn't understand how to do this.It seema like a student going a little too far too fast with this stuff.
I progressed from Win 3 to 95 to 98 to 98se and now Me.
W Me is totally backward compatible to all except.XP is not
What the hell is destroyed.A new Me install and installing W9x software
will not destroy what wasn't there,only install it on demand.

:D

And maybe a mix of Linux. messed you up.
Really.Slow down.and drop by again.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom