Overclocking Specs

Barrett

In Runtime
This is kind of a survey type thing. I wanted you guys to posts your cooling methods (eg. number of case fans and sizes, case, water cooling) and if you overclock, how high you do with your setup. Post away!

Fans: 1 intake (front) 2 exhaust (rear) 1 exhaust at top (next to psu) And a psu fan. All 80mm

edit: oh yeah and i got one LED 80mm side panel fan.

I just have a regular CPU fan and thats it...

I have an old machine over clocked from 333MHz to 420MHz and it runs fine, it's on 24/7 and has only one of those pathetic 1.5" colling fans on it.

Anyone got any opinions on slot coolers? my graphivs card is getting a little hot recently i was just wondering if they actially worked?

no, I didn't mean for my old computer, what I was saying is I don't think cooling is really that critical to the speed of the machine...
besides that machine runs really cool anyway. in fact the fan stopped the other month and it rans for a few weeks without a fan.
I have another machine (much newer) thats the machine I'm considering extra cooling for.

well of course its gunna be better. the cooler things operate the better they perform.

thats not exactly true there is a cut of point, something along the lines of 25 degrees C

after that things start to get a little weird. and speed starts to decrease, (assuming the same core voltages and currents)

80mm: Thermaltake fan speed controled side,
Thermaltake fan speed controlled back,
Envermax top,
Envermax front.

PSU: 480 w thermaltake with two fans and fan speed control.

Cpu fan of the day: Spire Whisper Rock IV

others: Coolmaster aero 7+,
Vantec aeroflow.
retail fan,
valcano wannabe,
Nexus KCZ-2700 MS

Back
Top Bottom