So come on, plain and simple...

Root, read that quote again he does say flashing - changing bios, not overclocking.

Yes I believe handbags at dawn can be put down now, but Root, you know me. I would have been willing to have a discussion but he start badmouth PMing me and calling me a "kid" and all of this pathetic shit.. Made him look worse than me :D

my knowledge on this is quote limited, but I thought one of the first possible steps in over clocking the graphics card to run at the speeds of a different model was to first flash the bios to make it think it was that other card?

ah gosh. WHy do i hav to keeep replying to computafreak's posts like this. If you read all of my posts, instead of just that single phrase. You would clearly know that I had no idea that a 5900xt or even a 5900 ultra could be flashed into a 5950. So wen i said that flashing a 5900xt would be very risky, I said that because s ome people, like Computafreak and Gibant1 said that the 5900xt flashes into the 5950. Do you want me to quote that one too. I willl happily do so, but since i've made so many quotes, i'd rather not do so unless u want me to.

1. I' said overclocking doesn't yield much gains. I never said that FLashing doesn't yield gains. If done correctly flashing yields impressive gains. You warped my words again. I haven't O'Ced my card. I only flashed it. and the flash only yielded good results because my core is a r360, same core as the 9800 xt. In essence my card is a 9800xt. That's why it yielded good results. It was a 9800xt that was being held back by it's BIOS. do you understand now?? And i already apologized for my previous cursing or what not. so please drop that. Everybody has his own bad days.

2. I only said that flashing the 5900xt into the 5950 is extremely risky because gibant1 said it could be done. If you read my posts to his statement, you can clearly see that I say that flashing the 5900xt is a " supposedly done thing".

and roots, overclocking has nothing to do with flashing. You can make a 5200 run at 5900xt speeds with proper cooling. You don't need to flash anything just to increase speeds. When you flash, all your doing is changing BIOS so that it uses certain shaders and junk. If done correctly, speeds should increase, but it would be foolish to do so without having proper cooling.

and holy crap bro, i'm just getting pissed off at how much Computafreek is warping my words. Sorry if I first came out as all pissy and edgy, but now i'm genuinely angry.

stop warping my words please.

I said that the 2.8ns ram doesn't take well to flashing, because it doesn't. It can't handle the higher speeds and it actually might slow down if you change the BIOS. No wrong info there.

HAHAA, your the one with the computer problem where if you download files they can't open properly and you can't use windows media player... Lol.. trivial problems. I can't believe you got so heated just to make a fool of yourself, I've used no bad language in my posts apart from possibly one because you irritated me that bit to much with your pathetic behavior.

Learn how to use computers before you go picking on "kids" who know more than you and argue better, without insulting them or crying..

1stly, why are you bringing something from another thread into this thread. and this has nothing to do with my incapability with computers. Why don't you come over here and try to fix it without reinstalling windows. You think you can??? Why don't you offer me some solutions. I've tried every posssible way to fix this problem and it doesn't fix. Let's see what your genius plan is.

root said:
so from what I've read Tibs said that you could overclock the 5900xt, well he said it was extreemly risky which implied that it could be done.

Comptafreek only ever mentioned the 5900Ultra, when he said he could over clock the card he refered to his signature where it quite clearly states 5900Ultra.

that is entirely true. Except i said flash.

This argument all started when he proceeded to say that the 5900 ultra could be flashed into a 5950 and said want to argue with that???

I don't even know why this statement came up, because the quesiton i asked in the previous post, was how in the world you would flash a 5900xt. and den he comes and talks about the 5900 ultra. hello??? what the hell? So this argument was a waste of time, because he not only argued with me about something I didn't even care about, much less mentioned, but he argued about something that I already knew was correct.

I constantly reiterated that I KNEW that the 5900 ultra could be flashed.

and you keep saying that you said the word "should"
I acknowledge that you did say that word and you didn't state concretely that the 5900xt turns into a 5950. BUT why say that at all if you didn't even know what you were talking about?
And if you wanna be all picky with words and work around it, I said extremely risky, implying that it might not work. And me saying that the RAM wouldn't take well to flashing suggests that I don't think flashing the card would work.

I'll say this one more time, don't warp my words.

And roots, it's not smart to go flashing cards cuz it changes voltages too, so wouldn't recommend it.

Only reason that i recommend flashing the 9800 pro into a 9800xt is because, it's a xt already.

same core, same memory. Almost identical besides it's cooling solution. You can replace the cooler with a better aftermarket one.

TibsBeatAll said:
and you keep saying that you said the word "should"
I acknowledge that you did say that word and you didn't state concretely that the 5900xt turns into a 5950. BUT why say that at all if you didn't even know what you were talking about?

Are you actually stupid? I said "should" yes I did, because I wasn't certain at the time and I didn't think you'd go and have a field day over it.
And..

WHY DID YOU SAY "IT'S EXTREMELY RISKY" IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT EH??

Stop being such a hippocrit, let this go you idiot. Get rid of your attitude problem and come back. I've already won the argument go sit and cry or whatever just get out my face, your starting to get on other peoples nerves.

**Edit**

And about warping your words.. I don't see how quoting does this?

he's not getting on my nerves.
should we start a poll?
I was only trying to diffuse this argument a bit...

why don't you both stop trying to get the last word in and drop it here and now with no further comment, this was obviously just a misunderstanding.

Calm down now girls. We're sensible people not footbal holigans :p

Damn right im sexist so? We are not the same us boys and girls. What nutters say we are...

I am a football hooligan.

I am willing to drop this if computafreak didn't end every post with,

OH MY GOD. HE's ssuch a bad guy.

but this will be my last post here about this argument.

As i said before this was just a misunderstanding. But Computafreak continued to warp my words, so i got angry. and what was the point of your previous post.
I know what i am talking about because i said that it was extremely risky. you obviously didn't.

"Stop being such a hippocrit, let this go you idiot. Get rid of your attitude problem and come back. I've already won the argument go sit and cry or whatever just get out my face, your starting to get on other peoples nerves."

same could be said about you......

i don't understand why you continued to argue with me before, about how the 5900 ultra flashes into a 5950. and den you shifted your argument into something about me saying that the 5900xt flashes into a 5950.

I've already apologized for coming out all edgy and pissy. you want me to say it again??? i'm sorry for being all edgy and pissy. Now why don't you go and work your attitude problem out.

Back
Top Bottom