So come on, plain and simple...

TibsBeatAll said:
whoever said 5900 ultra bios flashes into the 5950, how would u do it??

and what brand of 5900 ultra is only £90. that's very very nice price.

TibsBeatAll said:
camers, ur gonna have to change ur graphics card.

i don' think u'll be able to play farcry, unless u put everything on low.
a mx 400???
u need to upgrade that old timer.
get a 5200 if ur on a budget.

my 2 cents

TibsBeatAll said:
camers, for £200 you can get either a MSI 9800 pro and flash it into a 9800 xt. sweet.
or
somebody on this thread said that u coud get a 5900xt, and that it's possible to flash it into a 5950 ultra.

but if i were u, i'd wait until games came out. by then the 6800's price should drop a little. especially the regular 6800. and i would go with them.

TibsBeatAll said:
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAhHAA

holy crap
haha.
that's funniest thing i've read today.
we need some more of that.

well here's a site, that teaches u how to flash.
or at least the basics.
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=91&var2=0

TibsBeatAll said:
why would you get a 5900xt???
i jus said u could turn the 9800 pro into a xt.
and like everybody says on this forum, speed doesn't realli matter that much.

and 6800 is not twice the price. you can look around right now and find a regular (non ultra non GT) 6800 for only 280 USD. that's a pretty sweet deal. but the prices are gonna drop again, so i'd wait until the games are released.

Barrett
and how a 6800 overclocks?? I dont' understand what your asking. Are you asking how to overclock the sucker? Or how well it overclocks. sorry, but can u be a little bit more specific? thx.

TibsBeatAll said:
do i sense a bit of an attitude??

at the present i'm using a 9800 pro turned 9800xt.

and i only said why would you get a 5900xt because i don't even know how you would get that into a 5950. It's just a supposedly done thing.
the 5900 xt has the nv35 core while the 5950 has the nv38. how would u transform a 5900 xt into the 5950???? Computafreek your gonna have to teach me how to do it bro. need to see if before i believe it.

The MSI or Gecube 9800 pro comes with a xt core. the R360.

when u download drivers and install the card. it automatically comes up as a xt.

and a MSI or Gecube is not a POS, so reliability is not that much of an issue.
and the 9800xt is a better card.

it's much safer i think to turn my 9800 pro into a xt rather than flashing the 5900 into 5950. hav you ever flashed the 5900 into a 5950??

so there is my fountain of graphics knowledge. probably doesn't satisfy you. but oh what the hell. u asked.

TibsBeatAll said:
was i arguing with you stupid??

i just asked you to teach me or give me a website that teaches u specifically.
Computafreek your gonna have to teach me how to do it bro. need to see if before i believe it.

was i arguing?

exactly.

oh yes, i've had at least 9 ATI cards and not had a single problem with any of them. Supposedly, the lower end ATI's have problems, like crappy brands, but i dunno. but i've never had a single problem with mine.

TibsBeatAll said:
first of all, flashing a 5900xt into a 5950 is extremely risky and not only that, but it doesn't even yield good gains. the 2.8ns ram doesnt take well to the flashing.

And what are you talking about Computafreek. I said the 5900xt. The 5900 ultra is different than the 5900xt. So i don't even know why you are arguing that the 5900 ultra can be flashed into a 5950.stupid.

read my previous posts u imbecile.

not only are u angering me, u act like u kno what u talkin about. Newsflash bro. Why don' u go and take somebody's 5900xt and try to flash it. Hav fun. and gibant1 have you even tried flashing it??? Everybody i asked that flashed it hasn't seen that much of a gain.

read my posts more carefully next time.

TibsBeatAll said:
holy crap, did i say that you said 5900xt. I never argued with you about your 5900 ultra flashing into a 5950. Can YOU read????

Computa freek , perhaps you ahven't read the countless posts on how overclocking doesn't yield a whole lot of performance.

and why are you keep arguing about your 5900ultra flashing into a 5950.

I NEVER SAID THAT YOUR FRIGGIN 5900 ultra DOESN'T MOD INTO A 5950.
FIND A POST WHERE I SAID THAT.
AND IN MY PREVIOUS POST I SPEFICIALLY SAID THE 5900 XT. WHY DO YOU KEEP ARGUING WITH ME ABOUT YOU DAMN 5900 ULTRA.

goodness.

oh yes, and you did say the 5900 xt and yes i can read.

why don' you read for yourself.

now don' u feel stupid.

I took the liberty to Quote basically all of what i said.

let's see who's right and who's wrong now, oh and if you please, if you wish to quote my PM please go right ahead, i have no wrong information on what i said there either.

SUre, i started to get edgy and saying stupid often, sorry about that Lord Kalthorn.
BUt as you can see, nowhere in my posts have i given any wrong information. I would like to see COmputerfreek's reply to this.

thank you.

Tibs, i'd keep a leash on your atitude, your getting a bit rowdy. Watch it

camers, i've already apologized to the moderator for my attitude.

so....... what else do you want me to do?

Sorry I got fed up of that post and stopped reading. I understand

Oh yes, Lord Kalthorn, Why don't you upgrade your video card?? I forgot the reason, perhaps you mentioned it somewhere, but maybe i missed it.

TibsBeatAll said:
first of all, flashing a 5900xt into a 5950 is extremely risky and not only that, but it doesn't even yield good gains. the 2.8ns ram doesnt take well to the flashing.

YOU SAY HERE QUITE CLEARLY THAT FLASHING A 5900XT INTO A 5950 CAN BE DONE.

I REPEAT. YOU SAID IT CAN BE DONE. AND YOU SAID WHEN FLASHED THE RAM DOESN'T LIKE IT.

YOU SAY ITS RISKY- THUS CAN BE DONE AND - NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Get it now? Yes I originally said that it "should" (never said it was) be possible... You actually said it can be done. I actually did some background research before making stupid comments... Like you.

Read your own posts "stupid". I thought I'd talk in caps so you get what you said into your thick skull, don't try and undermine me with this "kid" talk, how old are you? Undermining me is making you look stupid because you started this heated argument with all the insults and in your books your suposed to be the older responsible one or what? I'm simply matching what discussion you turn this into, and it isn't a pleasant one. Sending me badmouthing PM's aswell, I may be the kid by age, but you're the kid by nature.

I rose to your "challenge" and it was quite un-necessary all of the badmouthing and insults.

You are pathetic, plus... I kicked your ass ask anyone.

**EDIT**

You still havn't commented on the fact that how you believe overclocking/bios flashing offers no gains, yet.. You did it yourself and why is it that there are infinate amounts of forums dedicated to overclocking and overclocking supplies? Why do you think people pay for watercooling if it doesn't yield gains? Do your research please don't make stupid comments.

*EDIT 2**

HAHAA, your the one with the computer problem where if you download files they can't open properly and you can't use windows media player... Lol.. trivial problems. I can't believe you got so heated just to make a fool of yourself, I've used no bad language in my posts apart from possibly one because you irritated me that bit to much with your pathetic behavior.

Learn how to use computers before you go picking on "kids" who know more than you and argue better, without insulting them or crying..

so from what I've read Tibs said that you could overclock the 5900xt, well he said it was extreemly risky which implied that it could be done.

Comptafreek only ever mentioned the 5900Ultra, when he said he could over clock the card he refered to his signature where it quite clearly states 5900Ultra.

so this appears to be an argument based around the fact that Tibs can't read and Computafreek quotes implications as if they were stated as fact.

The outcome of this argument is that the 5900xt cannot be overclocked
tibs said:
This statement is entierly true, attmepting to overclock this card would be extremly risky.

Now why don't you both put your handbags away and cal down a little.

Back
Top Bottom