So come on, plain and simple...

do i sense a bit of an attitude??

at the present i'm using a 9800 pro turned 9800xt.

and i only said why would you get a 5900xt because i don't even know how you would get that into a 5950. It's just a supposedly done thing.
the 5900 xt has the nv35 core while the 5950 has the nv38. how would u transform a 5900 xt into the 5950???? Computafreek your gonna have to teach me how to do it bro. need to see if before i believe it.

The MSI or Gecube 9800 pro comes with a xt core. the R360.

when u download drivers and install the card. it automatically comes up as a xt.

and a MSI or Gecube is not a POS, so reliability is not that much of an issue.
and the 9800xt is a better card.

it's much safer i think to turn my 9800 pro into a xt rather than flashing the 5900 into 5950. hav you ever flashed the 5900 into a 5950??

so there is my fountain of graphics knowledge. probably doesn't satisfy you. but oh what the hell. u asked.

If you could pick up a copy of Custom PC, i think it maybe issue 10. I could check if required. Aria computers sell there machine ALREADY flashed to 5950 and there is significant improvement. (the machine is reviewed)

I asked what you where running on to see if you had first hand knowledge of the cards. Many people are all talk and have never used the equipment first hand. (no suprise at the answer)

But in my opinion you shpuld stop being cheap and buy the real thing. people are flashing the 6800GT to 6800Ultra on the extreme mods forum.

Just buy the damned card!

And when it comes to attitude, no, couldn't give a flying. Just a question.

TibsBeatAll said:
do i sense a bit of an attitude??

at the present i'm using a 9800 pro turned 9800xt.

and i only said why would you get a 5900xt because i don't even know how you would get that into a 5950. It's just a supposedly done thing.
the 5900 xt has the nv35 core while the 5950 has the nv38. how would u transform a 5900 xt into the 5950???? Computafreek your gonna have to teach me how to do it bro. need to see if before i believe it.

The MSI or Gecube 9800 pro comes with a xt core. the R360.

when u download drivers and install the card. it automatically comes up as a xt.

and a MSI or Gecube is not a POS, so reliability is not that much of an issue.
and the 9800xt is a better card.

it's much safer i think to turn my 9800 pro into a xt rather than flashing the 5900 into 5950. hav you ever flashed the 5900 into a 5950??

so there is my fountain of graphics knowledge. probably doesn't satisfy you. but oh what the hell. u asked.

Ok heres my "fountain of graphics knowledge" there are millions of problems with ATI cards, they are very unreliable and if you check sapphires forums or any forum for that matter, huge amounts of people have troubles with their cards. I used to be an ATI fan but when I was researching their cards, simply incredible the amount of people who have problems.

Check my sig, I'm running a 5900 ultra flashed to a 5950 ultra.. Want to argue with that?

was i arguing with you stupid??

i just asked you to teach me or give me a website that teaches u specifically.
Computafreek your gonna have to teach me how to do it bro. need to see if before i believe it.

was i arguing?

exactly.

oh yes, i've had at least 9 ATI cards and not had a single problem with any of them. Supposedly, the lower end ATI's have problems, like crappy brands, but i dunno. but i've never had a single problem with mine.

Did I say you were arguing? NO, "STUPID". I asked if you wanted to argue with the first hand evidence that my 5900 ultra is turned into a 5950 ultra, and yet you argue now.

Right you don't believe me?
Try this:
http://forums.telenet.be/breedband/showthread.php?t=60792
Or here for ATI bios files and flashing guide:
http://www.rojakpot.com/

You might want to change your card bios from pro to XT, might give you an improvement.
You were asking the other person if they had an attitude so don't take one with me.

Take a chill pill.

gibant1 said:
Why would you get a 5900XT?

It's reliable (unlike ATI's). the gainward overclocks nicely. You could if you wanted flash it to 5950 it you wanted.

If you have the money then by all means get a 6800 (preferably GT or above).

My GT overclocks easily to 400Mhz core and 1.1Ghz memory.

Go on then Tibs, Oh fountain of graphic card knowlage, What are you using?

first of all, flashing a 5900xt into a 5950 is extremely risky and not only that, but it doesn't even yield good gains. the 2.8ns ram doesnt take well to the flashing.

TibsBeatAll said:
why would you get a 5900xt???
i jus said u could turn the 9800 pro into a xt.
and like everybody says on this forum, speed doesn't realli matter that much.

and 6800 is not twice the price. you can look around right now and find a regular (non ultra non GT) 6800 for only 280 USD. that's a pretty sweet deal. but the prices are gonna drop again, so i'd wait until the games are released.

Barrett
and how a 6800 overclocks?? I dont' understand what your asking. Are you asking how to overclock the sucker? Or how well it overclocks. sorry, but can u be a little bit more specific? thx.

And what are you talking about Computafreek. I said the 5900xt. The 5900 ultra is different than the 5900xt. So i don't even know why you are arguing that the 5900 ultra can be flashed into a 5950.stupid.

read my previous posts u imbecile.

not only are u angering me, u act like u kno what u talkin about. Newsflash bro. Why don' u go and take somebody's 5900xt and try to flash it. Hav fun. and gibant1 have you even tried flashing it??? Everybody i asked that flashed it hasn't seen that much of a gain.

read my posts more carefully next time.

Did I say 5900 xt? NO. I said 5900 ULTRA. Can you read? Your posts are starting to get abusive I will be reporting your previous one.

"Not much gain" ..?

Lets see... when flashed to the 5950 - stock speeds of 475/950.
My overclock - 512/1000

That is a substantial overclock in my opinion. Does your 9800 pro gain such an overclock? I don't know so I'm asking you, I'm not making instant assumptions and abusive comments like you.
Yes I do know what I'm talking about in the 5900 ultra area - because this is the card I have, you, do not.

holy crap, did i say that you said 5900xt. I never argued with you about your 5900 ultra flashing into a 5950. Can YOU read????

Computa freek , perhaps you ahven't read the countless posts on how overclocking doesn't yield a whole lot of performance.

and why are you keep arguing about your 5900ultra flashing into a 5950.

I NEVER SAID THAT YOUR FRIGGIN 5900 ultra DOESN'T MOD INTO A 5950.
FIND A POST WHERE I SAID THAT.
AND IN MY PREVIOUS POST I SPEFICIALLY SAID THE 5900 XT. WHY DO YOU KEEP ARGUING WITH ME ABOUT YOU DAMN 5900 ULTRA.

goodness.

oh yes, and you did say the 5900 xt and yes i can read.

why don' you read for yourself.
CoMpUtaFrEek said:
5900XT Should flash to a 5950 Ultra :D
now don' u feel stupid.

Jesus Christ you guys! Don't all be such incredibly huge fucking women over this! God, this post has turned into a fucking bitching session. Chill out, all of you. I HAD a lot of respect for the people who used this forum, but now I'm not so sure.

well, it's funni cuz computafreek is bitchin about how bluto has stupid comments, and yet he has some too..
jus wanted to put him in his shoes, nothing wrong with that, especially if he's giving wrong information.

Back
Top Bottom