Commodore 64

Killa-bite

Beta member
Hello,

I really know absolutely nothing about computers, but a few days ago I went to my friends house and played his commodore 64. I read the manual for about 15 minutes and started making programs of my own, I really enjoyed this. He told me that his commodore used "DOS" and I noticed that my computer uses MS-DOS and this is not the same :(. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything similar to this program that I could use?? I really thought it was fun, and if there is a better way to do this could you tell me? thanks!

Hi Killa-bite , I really like playing around with my old commodore 64. My favorite game was called (Wizball)

That is the most addicting game i have ever played.
It also had the coolest music, that was a game far ahead of it's time.

I remember i wrote my 1st program for it too. On my disks that had games on them. I made it so that whanever a disk was loaded it brought up a menu that had all the games on that disk.

All i had to do was hit a # 1-10 to load that game, It was cool with sound too.

Anyway's forgot much of programming with this old system, But you could do a google search for Commodore 64 clubs, and start there.

There are alot more Commodore fan clubs than people think. Hope that helps...

If you'd like to try BASIC programming on your MS-DOS, it should have a BASICA or QBASIC interpreter included. Which one depends on version of MS-DOS you have. To find them, try these two commands:
DIR C:\QBASIC.* /S /B
DIR C:\BASICA.* /S/B
Also, remember to use the system drive letter in place of my assumed "C". QBASIC has a very complete help system built in. Have Fun :)

Yeah; an emulator would do the job just fine - there are a few things about MS-DOS which are different from the earlier DOSs which may make a difference in Programming.

Please don't make these Emotions you're using below each of your posts become a regular appearance - because a third without any reason or context will get all three deleted.

Griz803 said:
If you'd like to try BASIC programming on your MS-DOS, it should have a BASICA or QBASIC interpreter included. Which one depends on version of MS-DOS you have. To find them, try these two commands:
DIR C:\QBASIC.* /S /B
DIR C:\BASICA.* /S/B
Also, remember to use the system drive letter in place of my assumed "C". QBASIC has a very complete help system built in. Have Fun :)
Yeah you could try basic.

Back
Top Bottom