Ban Bluto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd re-open this thread because of recent bluto troubles...

I changed my mind for a little while - he did clean up his act for a day or two after the warning but now... Plain and simple...

BAN BLUTO

lol, I'm sorry but his crude/non-helpful comments are clogging up the forum and making members mad, this surely shouldn't be happening?
Anyone elses take on the matter?

who cares.
i'm kinda used to him leaving worthless comments anyway.

try to think about it in a funny way, and u will probably be amused a little by his posts.

TibsBeatAll said:
who cares.
i'm kinda used to him leaving worthless comments anyway.

try to think about it in a funny way, and u will probably be amused a little by his posts.

Yes, we, the more experienced members, are actually USED to him. But quite frankly - why should we be? My brother posts on a gaming forum with strict rules, if bluto had joined that forum he would have been banned a long time ago no question about it. I believe some firm basic rules be put in place for this forum, to avoid bluto's posts and avoid future bluto's.

Matt Be Me said that its usually bluto taking the abuse, well, it would seem so on some threads but look carefully.. bluto usually has the first post and.. Oh whats this - its been editted. I've seen evidence of him using offensive language and flaming other members then quickly changing his post when he gets a reply, Lord K has seen evidence of this also.

Yes bluto can be funny (in a laugh at him kind-of-way)but that fact is, it's people trying to get help with computers although a laugh is acceptable, when he mocks people or gives stupid comments some may be funny but they are offensive and new users have been turned away from the forum because of them.

/end of essay lol

is it possible to "suspend" a user? you know, not allow them to sign it for about a week or two? maybe that would be better than permanantly banning him. Because, despite his attitude, he does make some helpful posts.

CoMpUtaFrEek - i agree :) there whould be some rules about pointless flames, mocking, etc.

crazyamn - that is a good idea, but the only way to do that is (I believe) by banning and then later unbanning him.

Itsme

you can probably put users underwatch, or make them mambers of a group that are ont allowed to post on the forum, that way they arenot banned, and could still access the social lounge but wouldn't be able to post.

I think I sit on the fence on this issue. Whilst I acknowledge that Bluto doesn't start most of the fights (he starts a few) he does insite people with his posting style, the main reasons people come here (this section) are either to ask for help or to give help. Blutos comments usually don't fit into either of those categories. and sometimes seems to activly seek to piss people off.

As Lord K said before, now that Bluto has reached the status of Guru he should provide an example to other forum users. His comments are certainly not deserved of the tittle Guru - even if you do only get tags based on your post count

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Yes, we, the more experienced members, are actually USED to him. But quite frankly - why should we be? My brother posts on a gaming forum with strict rules, if bluto had joined that forum he would have been banned a long time ago no question about it. I believe some firm basic rules be put in place for this forum, to avoid bluto's posts and avoid future bluto's.

Matt Be Me said that its usually bluto taking the abuse, well, it would seem so on some threads but look carefully.. bluto usually has the first post and.. Oh whats this - its been editted. I've seen evidence of him using offensive language and flaming other members then quickly changing his post when he gets a reply, Lord K has seen evidence of this also.

Yes bluto can be funny (in a laugh at him kind-of-way)but that fact is, it's people trying to get help with computers although a laugh is acceptable, when he mocks people or gives stupid comments some may be funny but they are offensive and new users have been turned away from the forum because of them.

/end of essay lol
But Bluto would not have been banned on this Gaming Forum - under strict rules. Under these strict rules you so call for Bluto would probably be posting more often; and you (Barrett, yourself, anybody who has sworn at Bluto) would have been banned far before Bluto. Luckily however we don't have a forum like that; because on a Forum like that this thread would get most of us banned for posting on it. And it wouldn't have the mnice feel a fresh ideas which we have everyday on here.

I must admit he does seem to do that; but there is no way for us to check this except to Moderate all Posts in specific Forums - which would slow down response to people's questions.

I imagnie some have; that is why we must Report these posts - nobody reports his posts! If you see a post by him which you believe is offensive or degrading to anybody; Report it, don't reply swearing at him and commenting on his sexual behavior - it won't help. If you report the post - doesn't matter if it has been editted; include a copy of the Post in the Report. Hence it can be sorted out. Beyond that - there is nothing any of us can do - he's not going to be banned without David saying he is going to be.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Yes but the majority is against bluto, it would seem he is the problem rather than all of us...

He is starting to behave a bit better now we will see...

Thankyou for your recognition Barrett :)
I doubt it; I would class a majority flaming Bluto as more of a problem than his sometimes helpful if often sarcastic posts. :D

There is no smoke without fire, type bluto into the forum search and you will find millions (lol) of threads started saying how unhelpful/offensive he is. He would have been banned before this thread was started.

I call for rules.. We shouldn't have to put up with his pathetic behavior, especially from a Guru and a 40+ year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom