Beware Hp Quality And Cust Service

TibsBeatAll said:
gordon travels, u seem to have an attitude. stfu.

i already knew that hp sucks.
you should've done some asking around about hp service before you bought it. and if everybody told u that hp was great, u should go and kick their ass.

but ur the idiot here. not any of us.
stupid.
spending thousands of dollars on a hp.
hahaha.
I'm happy that i don't run into people like you often.

You go and buy a computer from a crap company, than go and complain about it.

it's like buying the most expensive Kia car that there is. It's still a kia, no matter how much it costs.

EXACTLY....you should have done your homework before you bought a notebook. hp notebooks suck ass, I knew that, why didn't you?

To be fair, the guys just letting us know about a mistake he made with HP, maybe others havn't found it to be the same but with this specific product it has been the case... Tommy you say you knew their notebooks sucked? You do, but you probably know this from someones experience with one? Either in a PC magazine or they wrote about it in a forum - see the link?

Personally, I am grateful for you letting me know about their poor customer service and I will certainly be doing my research before buying a product from HP.

computa freek i'm not bashing on this guy for no reason.
he comes in tellin us, and we jus give him some friendly gibes.

den he goes off and tells how he's happy that he don' run into people like us. wat u want me to do. kiss him???
and if he don' like our suggestions, den he could jus ask us for more suggestions.

i'm sorry but that's jus the way it is.

well i guess i should apologize to gordon travels.

just that you were posting with an attitude, when none was given to u.
try to make ur posts nicer next time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides, my *ahem* professional analysis of the situation is that gordon was on the edge slightly after spending a grand on a broken laptop.. wouldn't you be? And things were said, you know how it is... :p

My intention here was never to cop an attitude with anyone. If you will note, I have only answered your posts and those who just say accept the situation or add preipherals that make a laptop less a laptop. One here says I should have done my homework. I looked for over 2 years for the computer and features I wanted. You should have heard what I heard about Dell and Gateway computers. I was very skeptical of their products after hearing the stories. Look at Tommy here. He tells me to get over it cause he loves his hp and has never had anything but good treatment but, does he have the zd7005 laptop? This computer is a beautiful machine but THE LETTERS BEGIN COMING OF THE KEYS WITHIN 2 MONTHS. I am a good typist but there are some symbols I don't use too often and tell me, do all of you know exactly where they are when five of those keys are entirely blank? Hey no problem; we'll just try a few.

I didn't pay thousands, I said over a thousand and with rebate the computer with the final price was a around $1,200. That is enough for me to be concerned. My three other computers, all desktops, are not losing their key lettering. Sorry to those who think I should but I am not going to carry another keyboard around with me. It is a laptop right?

Co made the observation that I just made a mistake with hp. Not really. This computer is a wonderful machine to use. The letters come off the keys; I want it fixed; hp is wiggling around like a snake to avoid the responsibility for correcting the problem; I paid for it which includes the quality they profess and the customer service they crow about. Tommy says the customer service is great at hp. Where's mine.

What do mean by letters coming off? You mean the written on letter e.g. D
Or the actual physical keys are coming off the keyboard?

Maybe you should take up a legal suit if you are entitled to the fix, if you live in America that shouldn't be a problem ;)

gordontravels said:
In February I bought an hp Pavilion Laptop zd7005qv. I had shopped for over 2 years to find the computer I wanted and this one met my specifications to a tee.

Within 2 months the letters began to come off the keyboard so that now I am missing either most or all of 14 key letters. For nearly 2 months I have worked with the customer "case worker" assigned to me, a woman named Thelma in the executive offices in Palo Alto, California and have written numerous emails to the CEO of Hewelitt Packard, Carly Fiorina.

Bottom line? They will ship me a new keyboard but will not guarantee that the letters won't come off of it like the original has. I ask them to put their offer of extending their warranty in writing so I can decide and they refuse to commit. Going through their CEO leaves me dealing with those that have no authority to make decisions and I am left on hold even though it is them that calls me. Why should I accept another keyboard that will do this same thing every few months and require me to play with hp and to be subjected to their absolutely terrible customer service?

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING A PRODUCT FROM HEWLIT PACKARD OR COMPAQ WHICH HP NOW OWNS, PLEASE CONSIDER WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN HERE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE DEALTH WITH IN MANY YEARS AND THEIR QUALITY IS NOT QUALITY AT ALL. THEIR WEBSITE SAYS QUALITY IS THEIR GOAL. THEY MUST NOT READ THEIR OWN WEBSITE. BEWARE OF HP PRODUCTS.
HP has great support and you have a guaranteed product.
How can you expect to solve it here.
I will continue to Stay with HP Canada anyway.
Head Office,
1-905-206-4725
;)

:D

bluto said:
HP has great support and you have a guaranteed product.
How can you expect to solve it here.
I will continue to Stay with HP Canada anyway.
Head Office,
1-905-206-4725
;) :D

This is what I believed about hp. I read their website where "quality is their goal" both in product and customer service. And yes, the keys aren't coming off my laptop but the letters and symbols are. Eighteen keys so far. And this began during the first 2 months of my purchase of the zd7005.

So BLUTO. It sounds like you work for hp. The customer support people I was assigned to would promise me a new keyboard then call a week later and say they couldn't ship it. A guaranteed product? Hp offered to extend my warranty for an extra 2 years and replace the keyboard. I asked them to guarantee that the problem had been addressed with the letters coming off so I wouldn't have to have it replaced 12 times over the next 2 years and they won't. Hp won't guarantee their product and won't guarantee that the "fix" for my problem will actually "fix" the problem. You know a warranty and a guarantee are two different things and I am simply asking hp to guarantee their warranty work since they know the problem.

I do not expect to find a solution to my problem with my hp notebook here. I expected to find the solution through communication with hp. It isn't happening. The rep I was working with was frustrated because I wouldn't agree to all hp wants. What about hp helping me by fixing the problem? She said her manager wouldn't approve any of my ideas. I said let me talk to the Manager. Now, once again, over a week has gone by and no response. Shall I email Carley Fiorina again?

I am writing here so those who may want to buy an hp product will know that hp isn't all they say. Even though I would never buy through hp again, many will buy their products. I think if they read this they would wonder beyond the price and kind words hp has to say about themselves. I want to solve the problem permanently. Hp refuses my suggestion that we do exactly that. Sorry BLUTO but hp is failing me and have made their money on me. Maybe legal action is necessary and the need to find out if others have had this problem. I know they have and hp should be made to provide the customer service you are so proud of. Sorry, can't move to Canada lol.

The only thing about HP I don't likeis the crappy montors.
I got a Complete Package 3 years ago and I still use it now. This included keyboard, mouse, CPU tower, scanner, printer, and monitor, and a Logitech webcam thrown in.

Early this yearm the monitor had a "voltage problem" and I had to get a new monitor.
This time, I went for SAMTRON, which is Samsung's range of monitors.

Back
Top Bottom