Windows media player

airiox said:
wow this is really fun. I take back my comments. As long as things get this heated and I visit after its edited then this could be interesting.

Great editing job I think it was Lord Karthlon or however you spell your name.

Well back on subject has anyone tried VLC player its absolutely the best player for watching videos, dvds, ect.
Lol! I do pride myself on being educational and moderate. :D

Nope, never heard of it - Open-Source?

As I said to everyone I'm going to try and calm down a little, but every now and then I just explode. I'm a naturaly angry person.

Barrett said:
As I said to everyone I'm going to try and calm down a little, but every now and then I just explode. I'm a naturaly angry person.

It's ok mate, I for one, understand because... I did exactly the same when first coming to this forum and seeing bluto's posts, it makes me sad that so many respected members can get so angry and yet we are helpless because it's David (where are you sir!) who makes the final decision.

-The end is nigh :D

A friend pointed me to VLC. I cant remember the last time Ive used media player. This little player can play any video file known to man.

Well except that beast of a format WMV or something like that. Microsoft sucks. Who do they think they are.

If you would like to download it and try it out.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Oh yeah it also can stream video over a Lan and such. Fricken cool.

Re:Ant Help ! are you sure ?

TibsBeatAll said:
one day WMP stopped working so i delted it and reinstalled it.

From dat day on, when i try to open WMP it doesn't open and i get a popup dat says internal application error.

and it never works.

it's quite frustrating. any help would be appreciated. i'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows, cuz i don' believe in that, but if i have to do it, i will.

thanks
Whot hoppened to this topic ?

one day WMP stopped working so i delted it and reinstalled it.

One day i couldn't start my car,so i got another one (battery/Player)that worked.
I want a reply to why you "deleted it" Has this ever been resolved.
So in closeing you made a mistake.
:rolleyes:

ok , bluto.
i' deleted it because it wasn't working??
wat u want me to say.
and this still hasn't been resolved. Every suggestion given i've already tried and i have to say that i don't think it's just WMP that doesn't work.

When I want to download a program sometimes, such as a new Warcraft 3 map, or some a driver off a website, I click onto the link and then a white page filled with unintelligible letters comes up. I have to always save link target as and then download it. Sometimes it doesn't even work when i do that. I save it onto my desktop and it doesn't save correctly.
ex. Warcraft 3 file.
I check the properties and it's saved as a 57 file instead of as a Warcraft 3 file. Therefore it doesn't work. Is there some way that i can change the type of file it is??

i'm kind of frustrated and confused.

o yes. Sometimes the icon on my desk just comes up as like a blank icon. I click on it and then a web page comes up saying, use the internet to find correct application to open this file.

this happens every time. i'm using mozilla. could mozilla be doing this?? this never happened before.

Also, I keep reinstalling new versions of WMP and it still don' open.

hope you can help me bluto without bashin on me.
keep it nice and simple.

That is a bugger. Do you have a full version of Windows XP? Put it in a boot up, say to boot up from CD and do a Repair. It'll reset Windows but keep all your files - you'll have to reinstall programs again but it'll keep saved games and stuff.

i see. Well that's what i was trying to avoid. Hehe. I don't have my xp cd with me. But your saying that would work?? Jus gonna go and borrow mah frenz cd.
thx.

It would work with yours, but not with your friend's because of the authentication code. You could use your friend's CD with your authentication code? That would work.

Back
Top Bottom