Problems Spy/Addware Can't clear

Felix1

Beta member
Hi, firstly, this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, so don't know if I'm doing this right, I apologise if its not, or not the right p[lace for this. I have got Adware 6.0 and Spybot S&D as well as AVG Virus Checker, which was a free download and damn good, so far. However, after doing all of this, the "BACK" button has been permanently disabled on my IE browser and cannot get this back.
Secondly. The AVG Virus Checker has also found a virus, and gives me the exact address, but I cannot find this on the hard drive anywhere to remove it as the Anti-Virus Checker states it cannot be removed. The address for this:

C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\CONTENT.IE5\W7Z76KPP\e2[1].hta.

I have deleted the Temp Internet Files, but the virus is still there. Sorry about the length of this but I'm not a computer expert and really so sick of this virus/ad/spy software crap messing up my computer?
Finally, isn't there anyway legally that the companies that use these viruses without your permission can be prosecuted? Thanks in advance.

Try going online to housecall.trendmicro.com and using their free online scanner. That will hopefully tell you the real alias of the virus (if it exists), and then you can find removal instructions. Also, most of the viruses around are not created by companies (though some are), and the people that create them are often caught.

Itsme

Hi “Itsme”, thanks for the tip, however, I have just tried this, but this doesn't even tell me there is a virus/ad/spyware, I'll keep looking for other ways to remove it, but thanks.

if you can find out what its name is, then I'd be able to help more, but until then theres not much else I can do. Just look around online for other virus scvanners - like mcafee.

Good luck
Itsme

You gave us the location of the virus -- does your anti-virus system tell you the name?

Did you make sure there are no hidden files in the indicated directory?

I imagine the reason the back button is disabled has something to do with the virus you have HTA is HTML executable file. at a guess I'd suggest it was doing something clever whilst sending out information to other people. it's constantly in use which is probably why you can't delete it.
Mcaffee will have no joy deleting thie either.
As far as I can think, you have two options.
1, tell spybot to run when the computer starts, hopefully it will detect and clean this file before it loads into the memory and is then protected by the OS.
second option is download a copy of Hijackthis.exe. run this and tell it to remove the process. this will almost certainly work.

The virus will almost certainly becalled trojan.something or other, the only other reason you wouldn't be able to delete a virus is if it was in a protected folder such as the system restore folder.

Hi, thanks for allthe interest. The name of the Virus/Ad/Spyware seems to be called DSO Exploit, since I have ran several virus and ad/spyware removal attempts. Spybot is the only one of the three which detects it. However, it also claimes to have removed it each time, but as soon as I run the same test straight away it detects it again. I have deleted the registry too, but this doesn't work either.

Another good online computer scanner is www.pcpitstop.com if you are interested, it's safe and secure and all that. they detect stuff that my virus and spyware/adware progs don't detect

I recently contracted the virus but was able to destroy it quickly. Go into Ctrl+Alt+Delete menu. There were 2 programs running that are named with long numbers and gibberish. End task on both of them. This should shut down its copyright protection. Now get it to the recycle bin. If it still refuses to delete, use System Cleanup to empty the recycle bin. This seems to work better, as it seems to ignore the copy protection. To permanently kill it, go to the RECYCLED folder and delete it again. It won't come back (hopefully). Although I have limited contact with this virus (just met it yesterday, was researching it when I found this post), I hope this helps.
McAfee could find, but the best I could do was a quarantine, as I kept getting "Delete Error". Good luck. You may also need to go into your "secret" history file ( on mine, C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5) and delete the stuff in there (none of it is important).

P.S. If this appears in the wrong thread, it should be in "Problems Spy\Addware can't fix and concerns a "Felix".

Back
Top Bottom