So come on, plain and simple...

If i said £200 would be a great price... what could i get. I know i can hunt, but if someone has tested these cards id rather here from them..

Well I h#te to tell you this, but your processor your ram and your OS just plain suck. You are going to have to build a new system to be able to play the next weeks games.

Allways willing to help out if you need any.

AHHHHH is every fricken word banned or something cant even say h#te, h#cker, w#rez.

Well airox, I don't condsider 25-30 frames playable. That's just me though. I'd like to play with 60 fps ideally.

Barretts right, and until now, I've been able to achieve frame rates of a desireable nature. But having played Theif 3 (which, let's be honest, isn't quite up to what we're about to see from the likes of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2) I found serious slowdown when newer effects came on-screen. It's only going to get worse when next-gen shooters come out too. I guess that's why I started this thread, so that I would be able to upgrade my rig to a level that will be competant for new games.

airiox said:
Well I h#te to tell you this, but your processor your ram and your OS just plain suck. You are going to have to build a new system to be able to play the next weeks games.

Allways willing to help out if you need any.

AHHHHH is every fricken word banned or something cant even say h#te, h#cker, w#rez.
LOL! Swear all you like, minus the obvious few unless they're called for. Just don't insult people with the words.

airiox said:

True, I'm not sure why " h4te "is banned. I think this is a good idea though because we won't get script kiddies trying to hack us lol.

camers, for £200 you can get either a MSI 9800 pro and flash it into a 9800 xt. sweet.
or
somebody on this thread said that u coud get a 5900xt, and that it's possible to flash it into a 5950 ultra.

but if i were u, i'd wait until games came out. by then the 6800's price should drop a little. especially the regular 6800. and i would go with them.

Yeh apparently the 5900 Ultra flashes into a 5950 Ultra. This is the card I'm hopefully getting tomorrow! Flashed and ready! So I'll let you know how it works.

It means he takes the card out, put it on his bed and flashes it. Then he says if you don't become a 5950 then I'll do it again - and it becomes a 5950. :D

Nah - I don't understand that either. I hope it isn't the above.

Back
Top Bottom