Which is a better buy -- DVD-RW or more sotrage?

Michael Hopcrof

Beta member
Which is a better buy -- DVD-RW or more storage?

I'm mainly an end user who has a lot of video files on his computer 9about 100% anime). I'm trying to deicde which would be a better buy -- a DVD-RW drive or an external hard drive (I've run out of room for internal hard drives).

Here is my setup:

AMD 2600+ CPU
windows XP Home
DVD-ROOM (non recordable) and CD-RW drives
Internal 160 GB and 100 GB hard drives
Dial=up Internet
4 USB 2.0 ports 9two in use)
Free ethernet port
No foirewire

I only have about $120 US to spoend. what would be the better buy given the task at hand (storing, archiving and copying video files).

Well 260GB is more than enough for most people - and a DVD-RW will have so many more useful qualities to a slow, cause they always are, External Hard Drive. I would recommend that.

I will never understand the draw of cartoons? (No pun intended) Personally; the sooner Japan is wiped the face of the world the better for all of us. :D

Re: Which is a better buy -- DVD-RW or more storage?

Michael Hopcrof said:
I'm mainly an end user who has a lot of video files on his computer 9about 100% anime). I'm trying to deicde which would be a better buy -- a DVD-RW drive or an external hard drive (I've run out of room for internal hard drives).

Here is my setup:

AMD 2600+ CPU
windows XP Home
DVD-ROOM (non recordable) and CD-RW drives
Internal 160 GB and 100 GB hard drives
Dial=up Internet
4 USB 2.0 ports 9two in use)
Free ethernet port
No foirewire

I only have about $120 US to spoend. what would be the better buy given the task at hand (storing, archiving and copying video files).

a lot of video files and you are using dialup?....lol
anyway, get an external HD, since you have no room left for internal ones. just keep adding external hd's and when you run out of usb ports, buy a usb card and keep goin!

Well to call them cartoons is a bit demoralizing. Singling out the entire Japanes anime industry is like saying that all Brits have bad teeth. OR like all british shows are stupid comedies that no one gets but brits. OR like saying that the queen is fat. :D

LOL

well in japan instead of live action shows they animate most of everything. You cant look at it as drawings and animation. Also the anime is more genuine and more enjoyable in japanese with subtitles. American voice actors suck.

I cant believe you have a dialup connection. Takes a whole day to download a fansub. I ditched the dial up a week ago.

Well as to an external hard drive hmm. I would get a dvd recorder as long as you keep them safe.

But its not like you are going to be watching these shows ever again So maybe you should just delete the ones you dont like.

what was the need in dissin the brits there! Use your own country to talk about things. :p

yeh..i wonderd how u got all those files...

Aslong as your not a weirdo and have Hentai!

Just a little fun

He called for the destruction of Japan. and dissed them.

The Uk is the third best county behind USA and New Zealand. Hey atleast the Uk isnt heading toward civil war like we are here in america.

But seriously, the queen could be american she is so fat. lol :D

"
The Uk is the third best county behind USA and New Zealand."

nz should be in there, dunno about uk or usa though ;\

id get the drive.

who do you suggest be in front of them? Communist Canada? or maybe Iran? no how about China? lol

Just because you are a man without a country and or either arent from those countries or are a traitor doesnt mean you have to diminish the two greatest countries.

lol I am just going to be laughing at you this whole month if you tell me Canada is the best country eh?

airiox said:
who do you suggest be in front of them? Communist Canada? or maybe Iran? no how about China? lol

Just because you are a man without a country and or either arent from those countries or are a traitor doesnt mean you have to diminish the two greatest countries.

lol I am just going to be laughing at you this whole month if you tell me Canada is the best country eh?

being a man without a country surely im the least bias? ;\.

i hold canada in higher regard then america.

i dont particully care for your patriotism, or arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom