So come on, plain and simple...

TibsBeatAll said:
whoever said 5900 ultra bios flashes into the 5950, how would u do it??

and what brand of 5900 ultra is only £90. that's very very nice price.

I got it second hand of ebay, a real bargain it was advertised badly and the guy was really nice.

Made by Leadtek, reasonably reputable company I recon?

You do it by downloading the 5950 bios off the leadtek website, booting into dos with a flash program and the bios on a floppy, and simply backing up the old bios then flashing the new one, if that was a bit slack just search yahoo! there are tons of forums/guides on it. Apparently it runs much quicker and allows more overclockability. I may have to look into cooling options for it though :D

All I have to say is I am currently running a Geforce 4200 Ti I have got excenlent detail and FPS on Halo Far Cry BF Vietnam any game out there I can play perfectly fine. Detail is in the high category and I dont suffer frame rate drops.

Really the only way you can kill perfomance on older gen cards in by turning on AA and AF otherwise performance is fine.

airiox said:
All I have to say is I am currently running a Geforce 4200 Ti I have got excenlent detail and FPS on Halo Far Cry BF Vietnam any game out there I can play perfectly fine. Detail is in the high category and I dont suffer frame rate drops.

Wha!? What processor are you running? My 2284mhz athlon can't be an issue can it? I have everything set super-low all AA off, etc. and I suffer huge FPS drops whenever multiple aircraft come, or even when driving a boat! It's driven me so crazy I've practically built a new gaming rig lol.

Mr. Roy is right about developers giving out wrong requirements. According to Far Cry's minimum requirements, I should be able to play it but I can't. It is litteraly impossible, even with everything on the lowest possible detail I can't play it.

Are you serious?

Here is my gaming rig -

Amd athlon xp 3000+
MSI K7n2 delta-L
1024 ddr 3200 cosair value select ram
MSI nvidia geforce 4 4200 64 mb ram
Audigy 2
Thermaltake 480w silent pure power
160gb Hitachi
80 gig WD caviar
CDRW
DVD-ROM
Spire WhisperRock IV

thats about it
It also ran fine on same system with 512 ram and 2200+

Here is what the settings are at in Far Cry.

somtimes 800x600 other time 1024x768

medium
bilinear
high
high
high
high
high
high

Ive run things on ultra high before and was still able to play

And I get around 25 to 35 frames.

You can check out some of the screenshots I have taken at: http://www.airiox.com/games/july04/far_cry/index.htm

download latest drivers and patch 1.2

I would expect that you wouldnt be able to play it with a geforce 2

Well im getting my system upgraded. Motherboard and processor by next week and Ram coming soon:

1x 512MB PC2700 Kingston HyperX
1x Asus A7V600-X
1x 2800+ Athlon Xp/2500+ Barton

And my current graphics (in sig): You reckon i can play far cry and stuff?

camers, ur gonna have to change ur graphics card.

i don' think u'll be able to play farcry, unless u put everything on low.
a mx 400???
u need to upgrade that old timer.
get a 5200 if ur on a budget.

my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom