My PC SHUTS DOWN ITSELF.

arjhay

Baseband Member
Hi. I am using Windows XP... when i open my PC, and after 2 minutes, my PC automatically shuts down itself. I am using a public computer right now because I can't use my own PC because after opening it.. and after 2 minutes it just shut down ITSELF. Please Help...

check your tempeture some times its a failsafe for your mobo if it exceeds a certain temperature. What motherboard you got?

arjhay said:
Hi. I am using Windows XP... when i open my PC, and after 2 minutes, my PC automatically shuts down itself. I am using a public computer right now because I can't use my own PC because after opening it.. and after 2 minutes it just shut down ITSELF. Please Help...

Open as in open the side panel or open as knock it on?

If you mean 2 mins after knocking it on then it is possible you have a virus. Boot up into safe mode and run a virus scan, if you have a virus the virus scanner should get rid of it for you

If you mean you opened the case, then it started knocking itself off ever 2 mins or so, then check everything inside the caase and, as Cartman said, check your temps :)

Could be just a CPU heatsink that has been set unproperly. Did that once. Took me hours to figure out the problem. I was a real idiot back then.

But then again i was trying to install a heatsink backwards yesterday. Nearly broke my die. lol :D

A. SASSER KEY MESSAGE:
All customers using Windows 2000 or Windows XP should immediately run Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
C. SASSER - SYMPTOMS OF INFECTION:
If your computer has been infected, the SASSER virus will cause your computer to frequently restart. While your computer is rebooting, you may also see pop-up systems messages regarding "NT Authority\System" or "LSA Shell". Your computer will attempt to infect other computers without your knowledge.

That sounds like the answer too me. Don't know whether in two minutes you'll be able to get it all up. Maybe if you set your homepage to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and set the Explorer to start up on Boot.

It is a bugger, not much you can do to check in that time. How old is the PC?

thanks a lot guys for the quick reply... my PC is okay now. I just put it in "safe mode" and as of now it is working as normal.. thanks again.

The Sasser virus doesnt give you the blue screen of de#th.

It just pops up a little error screen. You can still use your comp as long as you dont reply to the error.

My parents had no antivirus software on their laptop. That virus wasted hours of my time. If i ever see that dork who wrote that program Ill stangle his little neck.

People who make viruses are so stupid. A cool video game mod would be one where you go around with a shotgun blowing away h#ckers.

Look at me Im a h#cker. Dogde this says the shotgun. Splat goes the h#cker. Now that would be sweet. :D

all my semi vulgar phrases are gone. :mad:

there now you can actually understand this.

Back
Top Bottom