So come on, plain and simple...

The price with cards and processors are the same realy. But i got a tv card and a dvd burner for £50. ATI and TDK ;)

Firstly the 5600 could play it low settings. 5900 is a lush card and will play doom 3 with realativly easie .

Hope you like your card , i recomend them to anyone.

Tommy Boy said:
I have heard good things about the ATI Radeon 9000, it's not so expensive

My Hercules uses that chipset this card sucks lol, can't even play Farcry with everything on low, all AA off, etc. without it jogging everytime a boat or something comes.

That will soon change :D

I SERIOULSY doubt the 5900 will be able to run Doom very smoothly at AVERAGE settings. In fact I'm gonna say it won't. Benchmarks for the 5950 running farcry got an average of 48.6fps at 1024X768 resolution with settings at max on a pentium 4 3.2ghz. Your probably thinking "pretty good," and your right that is pretty good, but we are talking about the 5900,a step below, running a game with even better graphics than far cry. Other factors come into play also, like processor and Ram. To run Doom3 at highest settings its recommended you have 2 gigs of ram! Whoever started this thread, what are your computers specs? You may have them as your signature, I'll check.

May interest you to know the 5900 Ultra bios flashes into the 5950, I'm getting a flashed version of the card lol.

£90, absolute bargain!

Directly quoted from Pc Gamer based on ID exculsive statments:

"So long as you have atleast a Geforce 4 MX card (and remember, a Geforce 4 MX is LESS powerful than a Geforce 3), you should be able to play Doom 3 with many of its bells and whistles at a decent clip."

So there you have stop your whining most of the cards in peoples systems today will be able to play Doom 3, okay.

The benchmarks you see are at extremly high detail. ID has specifically designed the game to include the broadest market by having a milion settings the game can be played at.

True a nicer gen card can make it look nice, but the big upgrade rush doesnt have to be a rush. You can wait a bit until prices go down which isn't in the forseeable future. With the limited quantities of cards.

whoever said 5900 ultra bios flashes into the 5950, how would u do it??

and what brand of 5900 ultra is only £90. that's very very nice price.

OK, I've investigated prior to starting this thread, and as far as I'm concerned I'm a fairly serious gamer, and yes I've read that Doom 3 'can be played on a GeForce 4 MX' BUT, I can't be arsed to play it on shitty (when I say 'shitty' I mean, oh dear god, was this game made in 1993?!) graphics setting, becuase with my GF3 Ti200 ain't gonna be able to hack anything better, developers ALWAYS undersell how much of a beast your PC's gotta be to play their game this way they sell more.

Back
Top Bottom