I regestered a domain name...now what?

tbuccino

Beta member
I regestered a name through Direct Domain. They offer templets to create a site for big $$$. I would prefer to create my own not using html or java. I simply want to post quotes and original poetry.

how do I accomplish this?

For that the best idea is HTML. but you can do that simply on Frontpage without learning much at all.

Does the Domain have hosting?

I'm not sure

I went to the site (Domain Direct) and read up a little about it. I think they just registered my url name. they will host it for a price. I may use my isp (PTD) to host it. I'm a little confused about the whole process. How does this normally work? I have a url name (www.iloveteres.com) and I need to create some web pages using Frontpage...then what? Can I use my url name with PTD? It's the weekend so I can't contact anyone from either site.

I don't know what your ISP offers as hosting; its best to ring them up and ask whether they will allow you to connect a URL to their hosting offer. You'd need to do this to get it connected anyway. I don't know how it works from there but if you ask them how to get it connected: then they'll tell you.

If they don't allow you to do this, then you'll need to get hosting. Once you've got that without a domain name then you will get information from the hosting provider which will allow you to then get in touch with the domain name provider and tell them to connect the name.

It is all rather complicated; I'm not completely sure how to do it - but either your ISP Host or your Host will tell you how to get it done once you've signed up with them.

Once you've got hosting and the name is linked to the host; then they'll give you a username and password and ytou can connect through Frontpage by opening a webb and putting in http://iloveteres.com then when it asks you for a username and password you put it in.

Hope that helped.

It helped...

I'm going to check with my ISP regarding hosting...get front page and create a page...then FTP it to my ISP site and see if Direct Domain can forward from www.iloveteres.com to my ISP site.

thanks for everything. You're the only one who responded.

i am sure if you have a ISP Free webspace in your domain control panel there maybe an option to forward it to it.
i can offer you hosting for $25 per year if your interested drop me an email sales@123-host-me.com
Paul

Well since you are a beginner at this web creation thing. Head on over to http://www.1and1.com they are fricken awesome. They have site builders and software they give you. Hosting plans start at around 5 bucks a month and if you go with a microsoft server they give you a free full version of frontpage 2003.

The best deal on the internet. There connections are fast and everything. They have a million different plans and upgrade options.

They are currently hosting my site. You have to check them out.

I didn't like One&one, They are the registras of my domain name, I decided not to take out any package for hosting because it's just so damned expensive there (what you get for what you pay).
they have so many accounts that only let you have static pages, but really I want PHP/MySQL at least (these are free applications after all) yet you have to pay (£8.99 per month).
I wish I had gone with Meir Hosting where it's only £10 per year for pretty much exactly the same package.
their .COM registration is cheaper than it is at one and one as well.

EasyCGI is what I'll be using at the end of the month for my sites. Looks like a very good package to me. I did have a look at 1 & 1 but they don't support AGP.NET and MySQL on the same host - so I decided to give it a miss.

Wat u do is u buy some hosting or get some free hosting from thefreeserver.com then got to where u regsitered your domain log into your control panel and change the name server thingy to the one provided by the hosting ppl, and then u can create your website. The name server for thefreeserver.com is ns1.thefreeserver.com and ns2.thefreeserver.com

Back
Top Bottom