AGP or PCI?

yep, a huge difference pci sucks dont go with it. AGP is a hundred times faster.

and what if there are no other options? am I screwed? and what is an AMR slot (apparently my computer has one)?

they still make PCI vid cards??? yeah go with an AGP, preferably 8x, if you don't have an AGP slot, well I guess you are screwed and will have to settle for a pci one.

AMR has to do with the modem, looks like an AGP slot but a little smaller....has nothing to do with video tho.

it's all about how fast the card is, pci has a slower bus speed than agp. if you don't play any games, pci will probably be sufficient for everyday computing....but agp is wayy better for games, just because it's so much faster and able to process the graphics faster and get them to your screen faster.

get _fighted said:
why is pci so bad?
It isn't bad,your question is.Do you want to upgrade or not ?
AGP is the latest,but your mbd must support it.
So what do you really want to know ?
:confused:

although those new pci expressslots are getting a ton faster for nowadays AGP is the better choice just look at the name Accelerated Graphics Port, (Cant spell acceleration i think)?

AGP has a faster bus and more connection to your RAM. It is faster and most new cards will only be in AGP - thats the advantage.

But Bluto is right; your question is bad, what information are you after exactly?

Well, is buying a PCI video card (for gaming purposes) worth the money if my mobo doesnt have an AGP slot? I really don't want to buy a new one [mobo]...

Back
Top Bottom