New Mobo, CPU, Ram bundle

daz_gibbo

Solid State Member
At the moment i am running an Intel celeron 2.6Ghz processor, with 512mbRam, not sure which Mobo but it won't be anything special. It doesnt have an AGP slot, which is why i got to this stage, I was firstly looking for a graphix card. But now think i should do the lot.

I'm looking to build a better gaming machine as this is currently not good enough. I have been looking at some bundles listed below roughly the same price.. will i be better off going for a certain one for what i need?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-643251
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-P43084

or will either do?

cheers for any comments/suggestions..

Prices ain't bad but...

You will be getting a shit mobo and shit ram. You'd be better off buying individual parts and building it yourself.

Well could you give me some suggestions for the RAM and mobo to buy and what features i should really look for in a mobo as i am a tad unsure.

If you are goin for a really top end system then you can go for the new 754 amd boards with 64bit processor or go for a high powered intel board. if you dont have that kind of budget then you can go for a high powered AMD chip, say 3200 with barton core. Good board manufacturers are MSI, Gigabyte and Abit, stay away from cheap boards like PCchips. With Ram Kingston and crucial are the best makes. On ebay at the mo there is some 512 sticks of kingston ddr 400 with heatsinks for £50. If you get a good mobo with dual channel memory you will see a big increase in speed.

cool.
I have about £450 to spend in all but thats for everything. Mobo, RAM, CPU, Graphics card.
Hope this helps..

Yeah, started playing Unreal tournament 2k4 lately, good strain on this current setup. doesnt play to half the potential as you can probably guess. still using onorad graphics, no AGP slot on current mobo to add half decent gfx card...

For 450 i looked around and u can get an AMD 3200 Barton CPU
Gigabyte GA-7N400PRO2 nForce 2 - with firewire, usb 2, dual channel ram, hyper transport (and my dads got the p4 version and it kicks ass)
1 gb of crucial ram running 2x 512mb
180gb 7200 rpm 8mb cache hard drive
Sony DVD-RW 8x

So all you would need is graphics card and case.
but if u couldnt go any higher then 450 u could have only 512 of ram or a slightly less powerfull processor or smaller hard drive up to u but hope that helps.

if all ur playing is unreal then you could get away with a less powerful card
Cus my old Geforce mx 440 64mb card would play unreal 2003

Back
Top Bottom