CPU Thermal Paste Question

Cartman00

Baseband Member
I know that thermal paste makes your CPU run cooler which is a good thing, but does every CPU require paste? I was just wondering because I'm about to build my friends computer and he didnt buy any paste and I dont wanna give him some of mine :)

cpu coolers usually come with it.

no, not every cpu does.

it just makes the cooler a really good deal, well worth your time, more effective.

just use it. give him some of yours if the cooler didnt com e with it - you cheap bastard.

Cartman00 said:
I know that thermal paste makes your CPU run cooler which is a good thing, but does every CPU require paste? I was just wondering because I'm about to build my friends computer and he didnt buy any paste and I dont wanna give him some of mine :)

No not every CPU requires it, but you will need it if you want your CPU to last longer than a month as the temps that the cpu will reach with fry it
;)

I would guess that Intel comes with thermal pad or something, but it will be really crappy your better off spending a few pennies on some artic silver. Just find a store nearby or a e store not too far away.

airiox said:
I would guess that Intel comes with thermal pad or something, but it will be really crappy your better off spending a few pennies on some artic silver. Just find a store nearby or a e store not too far away.

Yeah, those thermal pads suck ass. They dont lower the temp down nearly as much as the paste. I personally think the pads shouldnt be used at all as they have more potential to damage your CPU by not lowering the temp as much as should be than with the paste :p

Back
Top Bottom