Can anyone please help with following errors..

Anjay

Solid State Member
Hey folks.

Ok, I use Windows 98SE... and the blue screen is back from hybernation. Before I had no problems, yet I left my laptop with a friend and all of a sudden every time I start up, I get errors. I've noted them down and they are below:

"A fatal exception 06 has occurred at ----:--------. The current application will be terminated."

Replace the ----:-------- with either of the following:
0000:00000017
C159:0000FFF7
C159:0000F374

So, any help on this?
Please note that this happens on start up, before I'm able to do anything.

Any help is much appreciated.

Also, I just received another error:

C159:0000ECB0

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Anjay said:
Also, I just received another error:

Any help is much appreciated. :)
It not a big deal.
If you get back to normal operation,just ignore it.If not
Lets go from there .

I also received the following errors:

C159:0000DA2C

Then right after I received:
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0240117 in VXD VMM (0E) + 00001117"

True, I'm using my laptop after these errors occur, however I'd prefer it if these errors didn't happen. Someone said it may be memory related, is this correct?

Thanks. :)

Ahh!!

I cannot shut down. I just tried to click Start, and I got the error "A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0240117 in VXD VMM (0E) + 00001117".

So, I cannot shut down because when I was able to click Start yesterday it just hung at "Windows is shutting down" with never shutting down, and I'd have to hold the "On/Off" button for ten seconds to turn it off manually.

And now I cannot click Start... Great!

Any help please?

Anjay said:
Ahh!!

I cannot shut down. I just tried to click Start, and I got the error "A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0240117 in VXD VMM (0E) + 00001117".

So, I cannot shut down because when I was able to click Start yesterday it just hung at "Windows is shutting down" with never shutting down, and I'd have to hold the "On/Off" button for ten seconds to turn it off manually.

And now I cannot click Start... Great!

Any help please?

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
You seem to have a virus,but can't really get answers if you dont get to the desktop.Why don't you answer this ?
If things are so bad that you can't use the laptop for anything,than you already know the answer.

:D

Do you have a anti-virus program protecting your computer? if so i would try to bootup in safe mode and scan the entire drive to see if there is a virus there.

Memory-shortage perhaps? Post your computer specs.

***Edit*** Forgot to mention, if your HD is full this may be causing the problem... how much space do you have left on your HD?

Back-up and try reformatting, that should fix your problems (so you can get rid of a lot of extra junk etc.)

Go out and purchase a copy of WinXP, 98 was always buggy to begin with, if short on cash your best bet is to reformat.

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
I've already updated everything, and still get the same errors - however now am able to shut down correctly and press the start button.

Do you have a anti-virus program protecting your computer? if so i would try to bootup in safe mode and scan the entire drive to see if there is a virus there.
I've Norton Internet Security 2002, and had AVG free version. I've scanned with both; yet no virus' found.

Memory-shortage perhaps? Post your computer specs.
My computer specs are:
Intel Pentium III
500MHz Processor
40GB Hard Drive
256MB RAM
Windows 98SE

Forgot to mention, if your HD is full this may be causing the problem... how much space do you have left on your HD?
Out of 40gb I've only used 6gb - So I've plenty left.

Go out and purchase a copy of WinXP, 98 was always buggy to begin with, if short on cash your best bet is to reformat.
Would you say it's ONLY software based? I've been thinking of switching to Linux for some time now, and if it is only software based I may switch to Linux than go after another Windows item with endless hassle.

Here are all the errors I've had so far (some I've had more than once):

"A fatal exception 06 has occurred at ----:--------. The current application will be terminated."
With the ----:-------- being any one of the following:
0000:00000017
C159:0000FFF7
C159:0000F374
C159:0000DA2C
C159:0000FA71
C159:00000D51
017F:BFF9DFFF

Then I've also had:
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0031C86. The current application will be terminated."

Then I've had:
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0240117 in VXD VMM (0E) + 00001117. The current application will be terminated."
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:FF070022 in VDX acpi (0D) + 00000262. The current application will be terminated."

Thanks all. :)

Back
Top Bottom