nikhibuk

Solid State Member
Athlon 2100+ processor
512Mb Ram
40Gig HD
Geforce 4 Graphics Card
NForce2 Mobo
Windows XP

Hi guys, I have a problem that isn't desperately serious but annoying all the same.

Recently I managed to find copies of some old graphic adventures I used to play on my Amiga, namely the 'leisure suit larry collection' and 'Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis'. So far Iv'e only tried LSL 1 + 2 and Indy but after Iv'e played them for a specific amount of time my computer resets itself and I get a message come up saying my computer has recovered from a serious error, this can occur after 10 minutes of 1 hour. The error signiture is:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 80596908 BCP3 : A727FAD8
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

When I click on technical information I get:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072104-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Nik\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I can play modern games all day with no problems so its obviously some kind of compatability issue, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Nik

Thanks guys

I have run the compatability wizard, sorry I should have mentioned that, no dice though.

That new LSL game does look sweet, seems daft wanting to play old graphic adventures when you can play UT2004 and Splinter Cell PT but games don't have the character nowadays that they used to.

I'm not sure exactly what your on about Bluto with getting this far etc, are you saying I should download an emulator?

bluto said:
Well i'm sorry too,good luck.
I have the answers but it's too late.
:mad:
Once again another "useless Post" by
Barrett

So Barret what do you suggest,where talking 20 years ago,when where you hatched ??? , then I was 50.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom