Problem with using my DVD Drive

Jay21

Solid State Member
Can Anyone Help Plz

I have problem playing on my new optowrite drive can anyone please help?
the problem is that when i put my dvd in the computer says not enough virtual memory or another app is using memory or none compatible decoder.

my friend said it's because i have the wrong ide cable and said i need an ATA 100 cable to conect to my motherboard and cd and DVD drive or it might be because of i have too many codecs. can anyone help

as this drive will read cd but not dvd's ?

please respond anyone.

my com spec is
Windows 2000 Pro
Amd Atholon 2600+ 333hz
512mb Crucial
256mb ati 9200 graphics card
abit NF7-S motherboard
120gb hard drive
CD-RW 52x24x36
DVD 4x DVD-Ram/DVD+rw

how do i add more virtual memory?
maybe a silly question i don't know.

i have tried to do this i think by going into my device manager but had no luck.

Mycomputer>>Control Panel>>System>>Advanced Tab>> and click settings under performance and you can change it there.

Re: Can Anyone Help Plz

Jay21 said:
I have problem playing on my new optowrite drive can anyone please help?
the problem is that when i put my dvd in the computer says not enough virtual memory or another app is using memory or none compatible decoder.

my friend said it's because i have the wrong ide cable and said i need an ATA 100 cable to conect to my motherboard and cd and DVD drive or it might be because of i have too many codecs. can anyone help

as this drive will read cd but not dvd's ?

please respond anyone.

my com spec is
Windows 2000 Pro
Amd Atholon 2600+ 333hz
512mb Crucial
256mb ati 9200 graphics card
abit NF7-S motherboard
120gb hard drive
CD-RW 52x24x36
DVD 4x DVD-Ram/DVD+rw
Nice system,much like mine but,Quote:
I have problem playing
Playing what ?
I don't have trouble with movies or what else is it ?

i have problem playing DVDs it comes up with (there is no windows 2000 compatible decoder installed on this system. a dvd decoder/software is required to play movies.)

it's just playing dvd it doesn't work any help?

Ran across a simualr problem with 2000.

It wouldnt paly dvd's faster that 1x when i had an 8x drive. I would download all the service packs and updates for that os then that should hopefully fix things.

If not:

What kind of connecter are you using for your dvd drive? Is anything connected on the same strip?

right click on My computer.
select properties.
select the advanced tab
click the performance settings button
select the advanced tab
click change.
enter the amount of virtual memory you would like in the box.

I think it might be slightly different on other opperating systems (thats Windows XP).

Back
Top Bottom