Beware Hp Quality And Cust Service

gordontravels

Solid State Member
In February I bought an hp Pavilion Laptop zd7005qv. I had shopped for over 2 years to find the computer I wanted and this one met my specifications to a tee.

Within 2 months the letters began to come off the keyboard so that now I am missing either most or all of 14 key letters. For nearly 2 months I have worked with the customer "case worker" assigned to me, a woman named Thelma in the executive offices in Palo Alto, California and have written numerous emails to the CEO of Hewelitt Packard, Carly Fiorina.

Bottom line? They will ship me a new keyboard but will not guarantee that the letters won't come off of it like the original has. I ask them to put their offer of extending their warranty in writing so I can decide and they refuse to commit. Going through their CEO leaves me dealing with those that have no authority to make decisions and I am left on hold even though it is them that calls me. Why should I accept another keyboard that will do this same thing every few months and require me to play with hp and to be subjected to their absolutely terrible customer service?

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING A PRODUCT FROM HEWLIT PACKARD OR COMPAQ WHICH HP NOW OWNS, PLEASE CONSIDER WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN HERE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE DEALTH WITH IN MANY YEARS AND THEIR QUALITY IS NOT QUALITY AT ALL. THEIR WEBSITE SAYS QUALITY IS THEIR GOAL. THEY MUST NOT READ THEIR OWN WEBSITE. BEWARE OF HP PRODUCTS.

lol its a damn keyboard. there just bundled in for free realy. Dont go mad lol, buy a new one :p

It seems to me that this response is so irresponsible that that is just what a computer company would love to hear. Just buy another keyboard. Let's see, if I am on a flight now I have a laptop and a loose keyboard to use at the same time. That should work. Tell me, why shouldn't I just expect quality from hp when I spend well over $1,000 for a notebook computer. Why should I not be upset that the letters come off the keys within 2 months of buying the computer. Why shouldn't I expect hp to not only replace the keyboard but replace it with one that won't do the same thing within 2 months.

If you let a company sell you an inferior product when you have shopped and decided to spend your money with them they will either stand behind the product or you have to make them. I am coming close to that and the cheapest way is class action. File against the company and find out how many others have the problem and let them deal with all of us instead of just me. You may let a company take your money and not do anything about something so blatantly wrong as the letters coming off the keyboard but I won't.

lol. Jeez a fussy boots huh? Reporting a big firm for such a lame issue wont do much. Anyway maybe you should type a little lighter ;) On mobile phones they come off about the same time, why not report about 50 odd cellphone companys while your doing HP.

I'll tell ya CAMERS. I am glad I don't run into the likes of you very often. When I spend over a thousand dollars for a product that the company says is the highest quality and is backed by the best customer service, I expect that company not only to tell the truth but to perform. You think by letting a company take your money and then give you inferior product and service like hp has done is ok. I don't. And I will tell you. I had trouble with my cell phone company and they ended up returning all I spent on them along with the price of my accessories and the cost of me reconnecting my landline because they misrepresented themselves to me. Hp has done the same and will either correct the problem or face a possible class action lawsuit and fix the problems for everybody and not just me. Right now? I will settle for just me and you can eat it when a company rips you off CAMERS.

No need to point fingers; I wont get ripped off, i buy from a trusted source. And if something lousy happens, i'll deal with it.

I've never had any problems with my HP, or the HP customer service, I don't agree with your opinion of them.....
how about you learn how to type so you don't have to look at the keyboard?....or you can always get a sharpie and write the letters on.

btw, if your gonna buy a keyboard, and worry about this issue, buy a logitech, I remember reading something about the letters, they guarantee they will never wear off.

Well CAMERS, I bought my hp from Hewelitt Packard which should be a reliable source. I bought it through Tiger Direct which is one of the largest catalog houses on the web. The warranty is handled through hp. Hp won't honor the warranty by replacing the keyboard with one that won't do the same thing. You really have a problem with me wanting a computer to be quality and the customer service to be responsive? Kewl. That's you.

And hey Tommy. I have never had any problems with your hp either, it is mine that I am having trouble with. Do you have a zd7005? If not maybe you wouldn't have my same problem. Their customer service has made three promises to me and then come back in a week to tell me each time they can't do what they said. I am a writer Tommy. I type on my last timing 162 a minute. I have 18 keys on my 4 month old hp that have lost the letters completely. When I buy something from a major company whether it be Ford, Panasonic, Sony or hp, I expect them to stand behind their product. And I agree, Logitech products are great but I don't want a periperal keyboard for a NOTEBOOK. You will get ripped off one day and then just walk away and do nothing or spend more money on something you shoudn't have to. Oh, I thought I was giving you advice but you would do that anyway lol.

gordon travels, u seem to have an attitude. stfu.

i already knew that hp sucks.
you should've done some asking around about hp service before you bought it. and if everybody told u that hp was great, u should go and kick their ass.

but ur the idiot here. not any of us.
stupid.
spending thousands of dollars on a hp.
hahaha.
I'm happy that i don't run into people like you often.

You go and buy a computer from a crap company, than go and complain about it.

it's like buying the most expensive Kia car that there is. It's still a kia, no matter how much it costs.

Back
Top Bottom