trying out linux... have questions

Not really an issue now. USB devices have no problem mounting in linux. Cameras are quite okay as well. Of course its no competition with Windows but its progressing well enough.

most cameras now work under windows without having to install extra drivers because they just register as USB mass storage device, and to that end they work under linux as well.

My biggest problem at the moment is the one machine I wouls definitly like to have a linux machine (internet server) has an intex 3420 modem and there are no drivers available for linux.
(I think thats the modem model anyway, I'll check when I get home)

Just use ethernet? It wont need a driver..? Just set it up on a windows machine as well.

it does need a driver, it's a USB modem. to connect it to the computer (and make it work) it needs a driver.

I could use a windows machine as the actual interet gateway and then have a seperate webserver, but I want to use as fewer machines as possible and think that would be a bit of a waste.

To server up pages just buy a router of somesort. USB is using resources and just plain annoying to set it up in the 1st place

the problem is as follows.

I don't want to spend any money. :)

Back
Top Bottom