No Icons

Affirmedhope

Baseband Member
when ever i turn on my computer and log in no icons show up and no start menu just the start up screen does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it

thanxs

it stays on the logon screen? in that case try ctrl+alt+delete to get a box up requesting your logon name and password...

no it stops loading on the start up screen my wallpaper is point given and my start up screen is an underwater picture and it stays on the ocean sceen with out any of the icons and no start up menu it looks like when ever you log off

oh i have windows ME if that could help

This is very intersting,How did you post ?

Is this a Network ? It's not right or fair to expect how to screw your bosses computer answers here.
Is that it ?
Mods.please seperate these posts,
Home user and Office Cheat.
:p

AffirmedHope said:
no it stops loading on the start up screen my wallpaper is point given and my start up screen is an underwater picture and it stays on the ocean sceen with out any of the icons and no start up menu it looks like when ever you log off

oh i have windows ME if that could help
By Startup Screen you mean the Login Prompt? Because if it brings up the Wallpapers its not on the Boot Screen 'Welcome to Windows Me' thing? Hence the only screen it could be coming up with is the Login Screen?

Is this a Networked Computer?

What do you mean by Seperate these Posts? We have yet to work out he is an Office Cheat: and if he was he'd be asking a completely different set of questions: mainly based around 'how do I get around the Login Screen'.

no im on my dads computer but i do log in and nothing shows up and i did install directX before it happened could that be the problem do you think i should reintall windows

That is probably the best idea; you won't have to reinstall but do a repair from the CD. When it boots up, just go to repair.

Tell us how it goes.

AffirmedHope said:
no im on my dads computer but i do log in and nothing shows up and i did install directX before it happened could that be the problem do you think i should reintall windows
First Installing Windows installs Direct x If you mean update then that has nothing to do with this either..
Right click a blank spot on the desktop.Select Active desktop and make the changes to see what you want to see.Its set now to "hide icons"
You got nothing to lose have you ?
:D
By the way,what does Dad have to say about this ? hmmmm.
:eek:

I think you'll find that windows and directX are not synonomous. the version of direct X you have will depend upon the version of windows you have windows 98 (first edition) was pre directX

Back
Top Bottom