I got no cd rom drive......

GMD

Baseband Member
I got not cd rom drive on my tablet notebook, I wanted to install a game on my notebook, so I enabled share on my D:/ Drive on my network and when I ran the INSTALL.exe on the cd, I get an error message, its some garbage about the game being installed on my other computer, and I wanted some help to get around that. Any Ideas?

Erm, what about Uninstalling it from the computer you're using to install it - then installing it on the Notebook, disconnecting that and installing it onto your computer again. Keeping the Saved FIles and Stuff like that?

you could try coppying all the files from the CD accross the network onto the notebook and then run the setup from the local machine.

Secondly are you browsing to the network, or have you mapped the CD and a network drive (It does make a difference).

If all else fails you could do what I did and get an external USB connected CD drive (well actually I was given it).

Yeah; thats a good idea - copy the cd write it onto a Virtual Drive on the Notebook and install it from the Virtual Drive.

If not, External CD Drives are quite cheap now.

well.. another otpion

1) use soft cd copying software like vero to make an ISO of the game.

2) copy it to the tablet

3) download a copy of daemon tools - this allows you to great virtual CD drives from ISO files

4) run the game

Thanks for the help Jackster but roots method worked, I didn't know there was a difference between mapping and browsing. I got it to install now, but now I am having a problem copying the game file it self,(by the way the game is Starcraft) if I can get it on my computer, I just use a crack then I am done. LOL, NEED MORE HELP!! hahaha....
( I am also too cheap to buy a external drive, LOL )

THX, for the help!! but need more!!

What about starting it up first time with the CD in; then using the Crack? Sometimes it needs to be opened with the CD for the first time then it'll work without.

Back
Top Bottom