Hobbes1

Beta member
hey guys im no computer wiz but i need some help ok
i have a toshiba laptop right here are my specs
toshiba p25-507
Pentium 4 CPU 2.80
Geforce Fx Go32mb
512ram
that what the main stuff it now the problem just recently i noticed that while i was playing a game like these static like things would pop up here and there i thought nothing of it then its start to get out of control where my whole screen got it i could still play but im afriad my gfx card is getting distroyed or something what can i do to fix that static ...i would show u in game shots but that static doesn't show up ...if its my gfx card would toshiba replace my gfx card ...i still have my warrenty
..idk maybe one of u can help (I DO NOT OVERCLOCK) . My OS is WINXP plzzzzz help me

I believe those things are called "Artifacts", usually only found when overclocking the RAM of your graphics card. Or possibly because the core is running to hot, but more likely the RAM, strange because you say you don't overclock, the only way this happens (usually) is using a program to change the RAM speed.

Check your system temperatures in BIOS they shouldnt be over 50oC.. You may want to send the card back if your not overclocking though.

Hobbes said:
hey guys im no computer wiz but i need some help ok
i have a toshiba laptop right here are my specs
toshiba p25-507
Pentium 4 CPU 2.80
Geforce Fx Go32mb
512ram
that what the main stuff it now the problem just recently i noticed that while i was playing a game like these static like things would pop up here and there i thought nothing of it then its start to get out of control where my whole screen got it i could still play but im afriad my gfx card is getting distroyed or something what can i do to fix that static ...i would show u in game shots but that static doesn't show up ...if its my gfx card would toshiba replace my gfx card ...i still have my warrenty
..idk maybe one of u can help (I DO NOT OVERCLOCK) . My OS is WINXP plzzzzz help me
If this is only this game than don't play it if it's all ganes then it's
gfx.com/tech support-1-800 etc.

Bah humbug.

You cant just tell someone not to play a game. Especially if its a cool game.

You problem definately sounds like a hardware mishap to me. If you over-overclock your graphics card than you defianately get some artifacts that pop up here and there.

If your laptop is considerable old and if you are tech savy and feel that you can open your case without kiling something you may want to do that. Get an airduster and clean that sucker out. Hopefully something as simple as that will fix the problem.

If that doesnt work dial up toshibas number and demand they replace the graphics card. Hopefully its not sodered on or integrated into the motherboard.

Good Luck. :)

As you're not overclocking - then it is probably something wrong with the card. I would recommend calling the manufacturer and asking them to do it for you. Should still be in warrenty?

Back
Top Bottom