CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a huge upgrading spree for my computer at the moment.

List of things buying/bought:
Athlon 2200+ XP-M
Coolermaster Jet 7+
Arctic Silver 5
New Custom Case
2x256 DDR 400 RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro

Hopefully it'll improve my system a bit :D

Re: CAN

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
I'm on a huge upgrading spree for my computer at the moment.

List of things buying/bought:
Athlon 2200+ XP-M
Coolermaster Jet 7+
Arctic Silver 5
New Custom Case
2x256 DDR 400 RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro

Hopefully it'll improve my system a bit :D

Unless your Motherboard doesnt support 333mhz bus then 2200+ is a bit slow. I had that running in a system i bought over 2 years ago.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Im not - a 2200+ isn't a barton core.

If your bus supports it you can get a 3000+ for almost a 100 dollars. Just make sure you choose UPS or FEDEX shipping, No USPS. I learned the hard way. My cpu was damaged in the mail, but it still works fine. Runs a little hot though.

You also might as well wait for the radeon 10 series graphics cards to start stocking up on the shelves. You could then get a faster graphics card for a cheaper price. Who knows you could even get a X600 or something.

Definately go with the Artic Silver, it is the best stuff you can find here in the USA. But Since you are everywhere, a store in the UK carries this stuff called Shin Etsu, it is the shizzle.

Unless you are looking for a freaken cool looking heatsink i wouldnt go with that Coolmaster Jet. Its rather large and ineffective.

Hopefully I could be of some help. :)

Well Mr. Expert, my processor arrived as I'm typing this, I will put it in and check with aida32. As for overclocking, people are able to get equal to the rated speed e.g. 2200 @ 2.2ghz. This is a nice overclock.

I'll let you know how it goes, although I havn't got my Jet 7+ yet.

Well I eat my hat sir, aida32 tells me its a Thoroughbred-B. I'm having trouble running it at 2200+ I don't know what the multipliers should be, any ideas?

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=376
that will help you with basic overclocking of the xp core.

What does your bios recognize it as? Can you seriously not get it to get to its factory clock speed?

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cpu/amd/athlonxp2200/4.htm he gets it to 2 ghz. I wouldnt listen to him about the heat though. I was getting those kind of temps with my 2200+ until i put some artice silver on it. With a piece of hud factory heatsink i got it all the way to 35c in my cold basement.

another guy that cant speak english :) says his is at 2800+. http://www.computing.net/cpus/wwwboard/forum/8989.html . Really much depends on how well your motherboard can handle it. Gigabyte's seem to work the best.

Hope you can get that thing a running. Maybe i could go test my 2200+ out and see if i can do anything with it. But then again the motherboard i have on that thing isnt exactly an overclocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom