AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XFX 6800 Ultra £397.15 inc ouch! scan

XFX 6800 GT £290.81 inc overclockers

saphire X800 Pro £309.14 ebuyer

Worth every penny, just on Farcry, crawling under a pier and saw the shadows of two men, (through the cracks between the wooden boards). flicking on the sand. It's Amazing.

The benchmarks between the GeForce 6800 Ultra and the Ati Radeon x800XT Platinum Edition are extremely close. The benchmarks are so close many are saying you have to base your decision on price, or whether or not you have room for the nVidia. BTW, nVidia saying this card must run on at least a 480wt. power supply is bullshit. It ran on a variety of different power supply's including a 400wt. and a 300wt. when tested by Maximum PC, which BTW you should all subscribe to because it's probably one of these best decisions I've ever made in my life! The Ati ran slightly faster because of it's higher core clock speed, but the difference is negligible. The nVidia did slightly batter on shader heavy benchmarks because of it's Pixel Shader 3.0 technology. It will probably run Doom 3 a little nice because Doom uses lots of shading. BTW Doom is due out August 3rd. FINAL DATE NO SETBACKS! If you want to see comparisons between these to cards, do a google search, you will find tons of results, or pick up any computer mag from the last 2-3 months to present day. I WILL ARGUE IF ANYONE WANTS TO ABOUT WHICH CARD IS BETTER, IMO THEY ARE EQUAL, YOU SIMPLY CAN"T DETERMINE A WINNER! I hope this helped someone!

It's not going to be easy convicing anyone, whilst standing on a Gforce MX200 platform.

Not being a Tw@ just pointing out you'll be an easy target.

I am not biased twoard either one. Honestly. I have done my research, hours, and hours of it. I believe I could defend either card, they are both capable in different areas.

Fair enough, I am not biased myself (suprisingly), to either nvidia or ATI, P4 or AMD.

I've just had experience with all, and my current opinion is for what i've got (obviously).

My main problem with ATI's have been drivers & lockups in games. Out of all our Clan (lan & net gaming). Only ATI's have trouble.

If the best processor that came out was AMD i'd go for that, same as ATI. I have no loyalty towards any company, I just want what's best.

I find its nice to be like that; but so many aren't like that - myself included. Give me a P4 HT EE at 3.06 with 64-bit extentions and I'd chose that over an AMD 3200+ FX-53; even if they were the same price. I'm just like that I guess.

Same with nVidia; I would happily buy the 6800 (given the money of course) over the X800, even if the X800 was half the price.

I know somebody of an ATi-AMD implication to a level almost greater than that. Its a personal thing - for him I think its just because I like Intel and AMD - but as far as I know people will either like ATi and AMD or nVidia and Intel. In my great war; it is between Microsoft, Intel and nVidia and Macintosh, AMD and ATi. Doesn't fit any reasonable system - as the PowerMac uses a Dual-Dual-DVI 6800 and a Mac Processor; but Microsoft uses Intel and nVidia in the XBox so it works in theory. :D

I may be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom